Loss of protection settings

ISSUE: Internet protection/Personal Firewall Basic settings default to off (red) every time I boot up for the day. The only way to get them back is to manually flip the (red) switches to 'off', activate the settings then back to activate to (blue) on.

This all started when I upgraded to v10 from v9. I'd rather not go through an uninstall and reinstall process as I'm afraid I'd lose my settings.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Raj

• Administrators

Does installing ESS/EIS v10.1 from ESET's website make a difference? If not, what about switching to pre-release updates in the advanced update setup?

Your suggestion may have solved my issue. I installed v.10.1 over existing v.10, activated pre-release updates (it downloaded a bunch of new virus signature database updates) and when I booted up today, the Personal Firewall settings were unaffected. Let's hope that's the end of the problem.

Thanks again.

Unfortunately I spoke too soon. After booting up my pc for the day, the same issue reoccurred and I had to, as usual, manually reactivate the firewall/personal settings. Looks like it'll be a daily routine until I find another firewall or solution.

• Administrators

Should you encounter the issue again, please collect logs with ESET Log Collector as per the instructions linked in my signature. Upload the generated zip file to a safe location and pm me a download link.

I encounter the issue every morning I boot up my (Windows 7) PC. Will remember to collect the logs tomorrow and send post them (dropbox) per your instructions.

• Administrators

I'd also suggest enabling pre-release updates to make sure that you have the most current modules installed. However, don't switch back to release updates, otherwise you'd need to delete one folder in safe mode manually (see https://forum.eset.com/topic/11669-solved-eset-internet-security-v101204-firewall-bug/?page=4).

Using pre-release updates on non-production systems is recommended for advanced users as it gives you benefits that I have mentioned in the linked topic.

I enabled pre-release updates at your suggestion earlier.

Thanks again.

Edited by rajmahid

Strangely enough, a day after I enabled pre-release update, the issue seems to have been solved...at least for now. After boot-up and Eset SS updates the signature database, computer&internet protection are active.

Thank you for your help, will post if the issue reoccurs.

Raj