Get notified whenever new clients are added to "Lost & Found" group

Hi,

Is it possible to create a notification that whenever any new clients are added to the Lost & Found group, the admin gets notified? I tried to do it like below but didn't work:

1. Create a dynamic group under Lost & Found with a template that basically matches any clients

2. Create a notification with setting as shown in the attached images.

I've checked the email settings, other notifications are working fine so definitely not SMTP server or email typo issue. Anything I'm overlooking here?

2017-04-27_09-37-32.png

2017-04-27_09-39-16.png

Edited by V2TW

• ESET Staff

Hello, this is currently not possible. it it will be most probably added in the next major ERA release towards the end of the year.

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the response. Then I guess the current only alternative is to schedule a report which lists all computers under "Lost & Found" and send to admin at regular intervals. The goal is to remind admins to move these PCs to appropriate groups, this isn't perfect but good enough.

I'd still like to know why doesn't my previous Notification template work though. It sounds like it's comparing the number of clients in the dynamic group every 5 minutes, and the notification should send if it has added 1 or more clients compared to 5 minutes ago. Is this a bug that it's not working or I misunderstood how it works?

Hi Michal,

I have a dynamic group template with no rules, all clients does show up in the group. Is it necessary to have at least 1 rule for this to work?

2017-04-27_17-46-45.png

2017-04-27_17-47-50.png