ESET SS Upgrade from v9 to v10 - Clean Install?

I just upgraded to ESET SS v10. I let the ESET SS v9 program download and update my system.

Is there any benefit to a clean install vice an upgrade install for ESET SS v10?

Regards

• Most Valued Members
13 minutes ago, tjg79 said:

I just upgraded to ESET SS v10. I let the ESET SS v9 program download and update my system.

Is there any benefit to a clean install vice an upgrade install for ESET SS v10?

Regards

It should be fine else Eset v9.x wouldn't offer to do the install.

However, between major version changes I like to do a clean install. It's a personal choice unless directed otherwise. For me, I have the opportunity to start with fresh rules and settings.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, SCR said:

It should be fine else Eset v9.x wouldn't offer to do the install.

However, between major version changes I like to do a clean install. It's a personal choice unless directed otherwise. For me, I have the opportunity to start with fresh rules and settings.

I generally do a clean install. It's been my experience that a clean install is always better than an upgrade install. However, in the case of the upgrade from ESET SS v9 to ESET SS v10, I didn't see a download link for ESET SS v10; I saw download links for ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium. I wasn't sure what was the correct download for an upgrade from ESET SS v9. So, I let the installed program sort it out. It seems as though ESET is somewhat moving away from ESET SS and nudging customers to their two new products.

Does ESET have a specific download link for ESET Smart Security v10? If they do, I don't see it. I made one attempt to download the ESET installer, but it didn't specify what version of ESET products it was going to install.

Regards

Edited by tjg79

• Most Valued Members

Here's the download link for ESS v10: https://www.eset.com/us/home/smart-security/download/

On the right side under "Download Options"  click "Advance Download" to get an offline installer

Edited by SCR
More Info