Strange Initiial Eset Forum Connection Behavior

itman

I have been plagued with this issue for some time.

Whenever I connect to the Eset forum the first time after a cold boot using IE11, the forum takes a long time to display its web page. Like 30 secs. or so. I took a screen shot using TCPView of what is going on. What are all these ekrn.exe connections to a Cloudfront server I assume is hosting Eset forum content about?

Eset_Ekrn_Connections.png

• ESET Moderators

Hello Itman,

that is strange. The ESET Security Forum is hosted in a cloud indeed.

Is the situation the same with a different browser(s)? I tried it myself on IE 11 and it loaded almost instantly.

What exact Windows and ESET version do you have?

Regards, P.R.

2 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello Itman,

that is strange. The ESET Security Forum is hosted in a cloud indeed.

Is the situation the same with a different browser(s)? I tried it myself on IE 11 and it loaded almost instantly.

What exact Windows and ESET version do you have?

Regards, P.R.

It was better today; connected right away. Also ekrn.exe connections were less but numbered around 20. Why all the ekrn.exe connections? That is what is strange to me. 

• 3 months later...

I too am plagued with an ESET connection issue. I am running "Windows 7 Home Premium" and ESET Smart Security 8. When I attempt to open my Chrome Browser and other program such as email, ESET gives me a "Block or Allow" statement that prevents me from continuing. If I click on either Block or Allow the ESET message just blinks and reappears and will not go away or continue.

The Message is quite lengthy and indicates that the browser has unknown traffic on it or something like that. I will get a screen shot later. A computer repair chap told me it is because the time signitures are out of sync but I have updated both Chrome and ESET and it still happens.Can you tell me what is going on?   

3 hours ago, Rivenwood said:

A computer repair chap told me it is because the time signitures are out of sync but I have updated both Chrome and ESET and it still happens.Can you tell me what is going on?   

Check that Window's clock shows the correct time.

Also if the backup battery on your motherboard goes back, time settings in the BIOS are not maintained causing Windows to reset it which may not be done automatically on Win 7. I assume the repair tech did check the battery? To be sure, ask him.

19 hours ago, Rivenwood said:

The Message is quite lengthy and indicates that the browser has unknown traffic on it or something like that. I will get a screen shot later.

You never posted the screen shot. Needed to further diagnose the issue.

Here is a screen shot of the ESET blocking message that I'm getting. The web address in blue (i.e. "Client2.google.com") changes depending on what program or app is being searched for. This is really frustrating and often I just get a white page that says "This website is not available" or "There is not internet connection".

Please Help

Ron 

Screenshot 2017-07-29 10.28.29.png