Future changes to ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security, ESET Smart Security Premium and ESET Ultimate Security

Hello,

1. You are not the first to want the GUI to be easier to read or similar, but I doubt a new version of the current one will be released as they are currently working on a new GUI that I assume will look different.

2. Yeah quite many users that used that button in earlier version want that function/button to make a come back into the tray menu.

You can actually vote for "Update now" here if you want....

"What option do you find useful and would like to add it to the tray menu?"

https://forum.eset.com/topic/1650-tray-menu-options-poll/

Edited by SweX

Thank you for the feedback SweX.

1. I hope the new GUI and  program retain the current's simplicity/ non-busyness. I much prefer it that way. But the current font size is barely readable for me. (It was the same for me in ESS.)

2. Will do, thanks for the link.

Edited by eshrugged

Thank you for the feedback SweX.

1. I hope the new GUI and  program retains the current's simplicity/ non-busyness. I much prefer it that way.

You're welcome.  

Yes indeed, so do I :)

I hope they do NOT dumb down the program like Kaspersky did theirs.

I buy ESET because of its configurability.

DrT

I haven't looked at that program in some time but as a generality I agree with the --- 'don't dumb things down'.

As it stands, ESET's GUI has a nice balance with an ease of use 'front face', default configuration for the less able or willing in the household and a password protected (if enabled), advanced section for the admin type. And for everyone -- accessible, readable, useful help files. Whatever they're paying the writer(s) has been well spent. I hope that never changes.

Kaspersky's take was that the vast majority of their support calls were from people messing with the advanced settings and not knowing what they were doing and making a real hash of it. They did have a list of registry settings for the increased tweakability, but they were not prepared to release them.

The only (very minor) issue I have had with ESET for a long time (and it was reported), if I log out of Win 7 and log back in again, on the login Gamer mode is active.

Cheers

DrT

• 4 months later...

Description: add read file option to available HIPS target files operations

Detail: right now HIPS allows to control delete file and write to file operations. It would be great to have an option to control read file also. Some malware might not try to encrypt or destroy data. Sometimes stealing it might be even more dangerous.

Edited by hqsec

• 4 weeks later...

Description: Eset Remote Administrator 6 Columns enhancement
Detail: Currently the list of columns to display for devices in the remote console is wonderful but can a User Name column option be added?  At least to show the last logged on user of a device?  I could not find a future enhancements option in the Remote Administrator forum and thought I would place this here for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Just keep Nod 7 rolling and I'll be happy...... I like the Nod32 signature when sending Emails, that is a must for me on my outgoing Emails, plus it's good for business by self advertising have you forgot?

No, no don't tell me I should be using the latest version - I don't wanna hear or be knowing because it does not display the 'checked by.. Nod 32 signature' so if this could be included then I'll be happy to update... but alas not only has the browser war gone crazy the operating system has too.

Sooo, I'm happy and no complaints yet. ESET you doing a great job, nice and clean, no slow down, no BSOD's and certainly no pop-up ads like the other rogue of an AV I had.... and that was a paid version!

So I'll keep nodding all the way..... until?

Dave

Edited by Pentode

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Description: change size of desktop notification

Detail: Present desktop notification is unnecessary big with too much empty space. Why?? Older desktop notifications was nice and small, brief message in max two lines what happen is quite good enough and who want to know more, can click and open whole message. It would be very convenient to possible change size as the same as ANY window in Windows can be changed simply by catch corner (for example upper left corner) and drag with mouse. And of course, NOD32 would remember that size and use it for any future notification. Is it so hard to create such simple feature?

• 5 months later...

Nod32 got me wondering.

Why Nod32?  How about Nod64 or NodAV, NodIS?  Many systems now run on 64bits, when you see Nod32 it fixates the mind that the product only runs on 32bit systems..... a long time since the dos old days, big floppy's them were!!!

I had to show one guy there was a NOD64 version and that it ran happily on my Win7 64bit. he thought Nod32 was only for 32 bit systems.

Keep the good work up ESET.

Dave.

Description: Integrate USB tool fixer in AV.
Detail: As data get hidden due to trojan infection in USB drives . Then we need to run ESET USB fixer or "attrib" command  to unhide the data, more than 50% of daily issue reported are of data hide.  

Description: Off-line weekly update file/off-line Activation
Detail:  This facility will help in updating off-line retail customer or for poor net connectivity. This will boost the sales in remote area.

• 1 month later...

Description:  Provide scan results window with options for separate action on each threat.

Detail:  I'm very surprised this isn't provided.  It seems like a basic function for AV programs.  I prefer to review the threat results and decide on action rather than have action taken automatically on every threat. 

I contacted support and was told I could either take the log results and use explorer to find each file and right click to deal with it.  Or to let EAV take action which I could undo from within the quarantine!

This may be a deal breaker for me.  Am I and support missing something here?

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators
On 5/26/2016 at 0:57 AM, Zeke said:

Description:  Provide scan results window with options for separate action on each threat.

This may be a deal breaker for me.  Am I and support missing something here.

You can accomplish this by setting Cleaning mode to No cleaning in a particular scanner's setup. Of course,this is not recommended. ESET has hardly any false positives unlike many other vendors.

• 4 weeks later...

hi,

Description: Rules based on LiveGrid.
Detail: Select Hips and/or Firewall base on LiveGrid reputation.

Green (know) : allow
Yellow (unknow but used) : Ask for hips and firewall (+ and add whitelist)
Grey or Red : Block Hips and Firewall (+ and add whitelist)

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Marcos

I would love to see the ability to be able to exclude multiple files/folders at the same time. Panda Antivirus Free/Pro has that feature and it makes whitelisting stuff much faster and easier using checkboxes rather than selecting each file or folder  one at a time

Thank you

Edited by Phoenix

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Another suggestion, I was using Emsisoft Anti-Malware for a while and I love how easy it is to whitelist/exclude files with it.

The reason it's easier in EAM is because once you exclude a certain file or folder, the next time you open the exclude button, it automatically navigates to the last folder you were in.

so let's say I went to C:\Program Files, then selected a folder to exclude, the next time I open exclusions to browse for the file/folder I want to exclude, it automatically starts the navigation in C:\Program Files making it very easy to whitelist the folders of programs I definitely want to exclude rather than having to start navigating from the beginning and going to C:, then expanding it, then again expanding Program Files. Takes a lot of time when one has a lot of stuff he wants to exclude.

Another way we can do it is to have a checkbox selection in the exclude window so one can exclude multiple folders and/or files at the same time

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

The reason it's easier in EAM is because once you exclude a certain file or folder, the next time you open the exclude button, it automatically navigates to the last folder you were in.

I second this.

I believe this current Eset HIPS behavior stated in ver. 9 when the Metro GUI was introduced much to many dislike of it. In ver. 8 as I recollect, the HIPS did remember what the last selected directory was in rule creation and auto navigated to it when adding a new application.

Edited by itman