(Solved) ESET Internet Security v10.1.204 Firewall bug

• ESET Insiders

I renamed it solved after all tested and now works fine with us

The only problem i have is what i posted above

16 hours ago, Sonar said:

everything else seems to be working fine but Flash seems to have a problem.

Firefox 53* Browsing Twitch.tv

I have problems with any site that has java or flash when using Firefox 53. I think it is a Firefox issue, not an ESET issue.

No, is not only Firefox.. I have problems (long freeze, but i ear audio) with Chrome64 or Opera (chromium based) too when i switch to full screen with any flash videos. But it's the same with twitch videos (and they are html5 based, for my knowledge). Browser freeze and u ear your hd working for sometimes.. Other issues: this Eset work with my disks (mechanical hd, don't know which or why, SO is on a ssd!) like a maniac at startup and the "firewall" part remain in red for minutes after that. Skype can't connect in this "phase". And the internet based videos and browers is not the only stuff freezing.. but sometimes other application with access to internet can freeze.. there are random and short freeze often in a day.. I have problem with OBS (streaming software) or games.. For two times i need to force a brutal reset because all was progressively blocked or wrecked.. I disable cam protection because it made only problems when i use OBS and after that i want to use Skype (i have a Logitech C920) or OBS just freeze on exit. I need to manually kill process, so i stop to use this "cam protection". Sometimes (but this happen with release 9.x too) firewall doesn't pop-up for asking internet permission (i use interactive mode) and for some application/games i need to create a rule manually (because it never asked me for a permission!). For me this 10.x is a very bad release! I hope these problems go away fast!

My PC is an i7 5930k, Asus RVE, 32GB, Asus 1080 Ti, Win 7 Ultimate (64bit), Internet Security v10.1.204

Edited by WeeCapo

On 08/05/2017 at 0:56 PM, OzRadar said:

I have problems with any site that has java or flash when using Firefox 53. I think it is a Firefox issue, not an ESET issue.

it seems ok now that flash just updated, will keep an eye open though.

edit

ok just opend firefox and visited twitch with the new updated flash plugin and the popups are still coming.

Eset Preview (Update 15386) Firewall Module (1357)

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_25_0_0_171.exe

Edited by Sonar

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Sonar said:

ok just opend firefox and visited twitch with the new updated flash plugin and the popups are still coming.

Eset Preview (Update 15386) Firewall Module (1357)

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_25_0_0_171.exe

Do you mean that the firewall is continually asking you about action for FlashPlayerPlugin_25_0_0_171.exe when it attempts to connect to the Internet? If so, please provide me with ELC logs.

• ESET Insiders

Marcos can now again on Regular updates switch? Is the error now fixed, or do you still have to delete the "c: \ program files \ ESET \ ESET SmartSecurity \ Modules \ em008k_64"?

• Administrators

As for problems with red protection status caused by non-functional firewall on Windows 10, we have discovered that some users had Windows firewall disabled completely and the mpssvc service was not running nor was registered. For instructions how to fix it, refer to http://www.wintips.org/windows-firewall-service-missing-in-windows-7-solved/.

To check if you have MpsSvc service running, run the following command as an administrator:
sc query mpssvc

@SlashRose There's no news on releasing the new fw module to regular update servers yet but we expect it to be released soon.