(Solved) ESET Internet Security v10.1.204 Firewall bug

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Switch to pre-release updates in order to receive a fixed firewall module at the beginning of the next week.

Thank you but you didn't answer the question: how to continue receiving update while being on the previous module version ? The only workaround right now is to use previous version of the module, so telling me to wait next week for the pre release channel to get the fix is not really helping right now (although it will help next week)...

• ESET Insiders
14 minutes ago, tiliarou said:

Thank you but you didn't answer the question: how to continue receiving update while being on the previous module version ? The only workaround right now is to use previous version of the module, so telling me to wait next week for the pre release channel to get the fix is not really helping right now (although it will help next week)...

I don't think there's a way to stop specific module from updating (@Marcos can confirm that), you can downgrade to ESET v10.0.390 it don't have this problem, until this problem be fixed

• ESET Insiders
On ‎21‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 5:03 PM, Marcos said:

Wechseln Sie zum Pre-release-Updates um einen festen Firewall-Modul am Anfang der nächsten Woche zu erhalten.

Could you please tell me if the pre-release of the firewall module is available.

(German: Könntest du Bitte bescheid sagen, wenn das Pre-release des Firewall Moduls Verfügbar ist.)

7 hours ago, SlashRose said:

Could you please tell me if the pre-release of the firewall module is available.

(German: Könntest du Bitte bescheid sagen, wenn das Pre-release des Firewall Moduls Verfügbar ist.)

Eset said beginning of next week, which starts tomorrow. Other than that, no idea.

On 4/21/2017 at 8:37 PM, BALTAGY said:

I downgrade to v10.0.390 with same Firewall module: 1349.3 (20170410) and it's working fine

In EIS v10.1.204 with same Firewall module: 1349.3 (20170410) i have the problem

Then Marcos should comment on this as it seems that it's not 100% module related only. It's a combination of things apparently...

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, tiliarou said:

Then Marcos should comment on this as it seems that it's not 100% module related only. It's a combination of things apparently...

Certainly seems the case like i mentioned before. There would be hundreds of people here complaining of the same issue if it affected just one module as everyone is on the same version regardless of the build number of "the" security suite used.

Mine works WITHOUT fault on ESSP 10.0.204.
What i will point out is that all my firewall rules were created using previous builds like 10.0.390 ......... and i updated to 10.1.204.

I did have to create a few new rules after upgrading to windows creators update and any new rules i have created are also working fine.

• ESET Insiders
3 hours ago, cyberhash said:

Wie ich schon erwähnt, scheint es der Fall. Gäbe es Hunderte von Menschen, die hier Klagen über das gleiche Problem, wenn es nur ein Modul betroffen, denn wir alle auf die gleiche Version unabhängig von der Build-Nummer der "" Security-Suite verwendet.

So you can not see it at all, for how many Eset users are on the board? Do you understand what I mean? That is really stupid!

(German: So kann man das ja nun überhaupt nicht sehen, denn wieviele Eset Nutzer sind den hier auf dem Board? Verstehst du was ich meine? Dass ist ja wirklich Blödsinn!)

3 hours ago, cyberhash said:

Certainly seems the case like i mentioned before. There would be hundreds of people here complaining of the same issue if it affected just one module as everyone is on the same version regardless of the build number of "the" security suite used.

Mine works WITHOUT fault on ESSP 10.0.204.
What i will point out is that all my firewall rules were created using previous builds like 10.0.390 ......... and i updated to 10.1.204.

I did have to create a few new rules after upgrading to windows creators update and any new rules i have created are also working fine.

Have you reinstalled or a program update?

@cyberhash , Okay I have the LiveInstaller over it run with the Metro Apps come again the constant questions!

The rules were adopted by the 10.390

From the 10.390 I could not get any programupdate nothing was displayed

Edited by Thors69

• Most Valued Members
12 hours ago, Thors69 said:

@cyberhash , Okay I have the LiveInstaller over it run with the Metro Apps come again the constant questions!

The rules were adopted by the 10.390

From the 10.390 I could not get any programupdate nothing was displayed

Now mine has "just started" behaving the same way as others are reporting. Strange that i got around 2 weeks from updating  without any issues then without any reason it has started ignoring rules.

Firewall module is still the exact same version 1349.3 (10/04/2017)

Hi everyone, mine is also giving the Firewall, Anti-Phishing and Web & Mail Protocol inactive errors. I am from South Africa and on Wednesday last week I received a notification from Microsoft about a new update coming for Windows 10. The same day the update was downloaded and I had to reboot my system. The update was done and suddenly Eset started giving this error after working perfectly for a long time.

The update I had was to Windows 10, Version 1703.

This is my new system information:

Servicing option: Current Branch (CB)

Version: 1703

OS build: 15063.138

Availability date: 4/11/2017

Edited by Rian Visser

• ESET Insiders

A new problem that effect EAV/EIS v10.0.390, with every system restart i see this error in log

Personal firewall;An attempt to add the root certificate to all known browsers on your computer failed.

Note that all browsers is added to SSL and ESET scan websites normally

Also tested v10.1.204 and it don't have this problem

Tested both versions on a clean system and clean install on VM to make sure it's not a problem on my system

Edited by BALTAGY

• ESET Insiders
Would be class if Marcos could say something, if the PreRelease of the firewall module is finally available!

(German: Wäre Klasse, wenn Marcos mal was sagen könnte, ob das PreRelease des Firewall Moduls nun endlich Verfügbar ist!)

• ESET Insiders
6 hours ago, Thors69 said:

Bin auch genervt und warte auf das Update!

I would have very much wondered if Eset would fix so fast fix, since usually the are not so fast, so it would be class if Marcos would say something! (This will surely still take quite a while, until Eset nenn Fix)

(German:  Hätte mich auch sehr Gewundert, wenn Eset so schnell nenn Fix Bereitstellen würde, da in der Regel sind die bei sowas nicht so schnell, daher wäre es Klasse wenn Marcos mal was dazu sagen würde! ( Das wird sicherlich noch ne ganze Weile dauern, bis Eset nenn Fix hinbekommt)

Edited by SlashRose

• Administrators

The new firewall module is going to be released to pre-release update servers today.

@SlashRose There's no need to write in German. Probably none of ESET moderators speaks German and also not many German users are registered in our forum either. Also your English is very good so we don't need to translate from German to English ourselves.

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

The new firewall module is going to be released to pre-release update servers today.

@SlashRose There's no need to write in German. Probably none of ESET moderators speaks German and also not many German users are registered in our forum either. Also your English is very good so we don't need to translate from German to English ourselves.

Is the update as a new download or as an update in the program?

• ESET Insiders

This is an update in the program, but you have to convert it to get in the update settings but to testupdates!

• Administrators

Also a small portion of v10 users with regular updates have received the new modules. We will gradually release it for other v10 users as well as for older versions of ESET products.

2 minutes ago, Thors69 said:

I can now install the v 10 and I get the update automatically?

Not sure, update is getting released by waves as I understood from @Marcos, so not sure a new install will update to newer module, or is it now packaged in the installer ?