Manual Uninstalling Remote Administrator 6.5

Following from upgrade of ESET remote administrator 6.4 to 6.5 Self defense is preventing manual uninstall of remote administrator 6.5.

I have just installed RA 6.5 on a new computer and once the Remote Administrator has installed the AV software I cannot manually uninstall the Remote Administrator software. 

Have any other users had this issue or tested that you can uninstall the remote administrator software?

Regards,

Darren

• ESET Staff

Hello, in general, this should work. Was the agent /endpoint upgraded from an older version? Alternatively you can disable endpoint self- defense, reboot and try again. 

Thank you for getting back to me 

I have tested both scenarios fresh install and upgrade of the agent and the uninstallation fails. I switched off self defence and hips and the problem persists. 

I need to reinstall the remote administrator on a number clients that have RA installed but are not communicating with the ESET server. 

What concerns me is that you say "in general this should work" as a manual uninstall of the remote administrator and reinstall is my only solution to the bugs in the ESET software, now I do not have any solution to bring in computers to the remote administrator server.

Regards,

Darren