ShieldsUP - File Sharing Problem

I saw this comment from itman(

"My advice is go to this web site: https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 . Click on "Proceed." Then click on the "Common Ports" tab. It will run a scan to determine if any of the commonly used ports are open and therefore visible to the outside world. All your ports after the scan is complete should show "Stealth.""

I did the test and I got this result:

"Greetings!

Without your knowledge or explicit permission, the Windows networking technology which connects your computer to the Internet may be offering some or all of your computer's data to the entire world at this very moment!"

Should I be worry about this? if so what should I do?

Capturar.PNG

Edited by razorfancy

I did the File Sharing(Hidden Internet Server), Common Ports (Passed) and All Services Ports (Passed).

What should I do to fix the File Sharing(Hidden Internet Server)?

File Sharing.PNG

common ports.PNG

all services ports.PNG

Edited by razorfancy

I think you're getting a bit paranoid and misreading the info provided on the GRC web site. As far as I can tell, you passed all the tests.

Note: If you are using a router and that router has an internal firewall like most do, the GRC tests are being run against the router firewall. As such, nothing is being tested pertaining to Eset's protections go.

12 minutes ago, itman said:

I think you're getting a bit paranoid and misreading the info provided on the GRC web site. As far as I can tell, you passed all the tests.

Note: If you are using a router and that router has an internal firewall like most do, the GRC tests are being run against the router firewall. As such, nothing is being tested pertaining to Eset's protections go.

So I shouldnt be worry about the File Sharing Test saying?

"Attempting connection to your computer. . . 
Shields UP! is now attempting to contact the Hidden Internet Server within your PC. It is likely that no one has told you that your own personal computer may now be functioning as an Internet Server with neither your knowledge nor your permission. And that it may be serving up all or many of your personal files for reading, writing, modification and even deletion by anyone, anywhere, on the Internet!"

FileSharing.PNG

1 hour ago, razorfancy said:

So I shouldnt be worry about the File Sharing Test saying?

Correct. If you failed the port 139 or NetBIOS test, then you would have an issue.