Eset remote administrator service not starting

Hi everyone,

I upgraded manually to the new version of era (from 6.4 to 6.5) and during the installation I received an error that said the the EraServerSvc can't be started (this service was modifiied from version 6.1 to start with  domain\administrator user)and to check if I have enough privileges I clicked on retry and the upgrade was successfully. 

After this I started the tomcat and waited a while and I said to try to connect on the web interface. I can see the webinterface but when I put the username and the password is not connecting.

I checked the server and surprise the EraServerSvc service is not started and when I try to start it manually I receive the following error (please check the attach). Please let me know how can I resolve this issues!

I tried to run the installer again and to select repair but is asking me for a user and password database even if I select DB with windows authentication.

Thanks

2017-04-07 12_29_59-era6-mainserver - Remote Desktop Connection.png

• ESET Staff

Could you please check permissions of this service? Is it starting with domain\administrator user or it was reset during upgrade? Error indicates that something wen wrong during startup - most probably it was not possible to read or modify ERA files.

Hi MartinK,

The issue with this error was that I didn't copied the config staupconfiguration.ini (in the documentation at prerequisites is putting to bakcup but on the manual upgrade part is not saying that you need to copy it back) but still can't access the web interface is saying Login failed: Connection has failed with state 'Not connected'.

Do you have any tips for the issue with not connecting on the web interface?

One error found on the last error log html page from Logs folder

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]
Invalid object name 'tbl_log_apps_installed_status'.

Thanks

Edited by Bogdan Husdup

Hi MartinK,

I reverted to a snapshot and proceed again with manual upgrade and now was working perfect at first look. Next week I'll check all the features and settings to be sure that everything is ok.

Thanks