User fails to create task

• ESET Staff

Can you please let us know, what permission sets the user has allocated? (ideally a screenshot of configuration for this user, and his permission set(s)).
ERA 6.5 has adjusted security / Access right model, and obviously the user does not have permission to do client tasks on listed computers.

2 hours ago, MichalJ said:

Can you please let us know, what permission sets the user has allocated? (ideally a screenshot of configuration for this user, and his permission set(s)).
ERA 6.5 has adjusted security / Access right model, and obviously the user does not have permission to do client tasks on listed computers.

Yes, here you go!

glc.PNG

glc-central.PNG

reports.PNG

• ESET Staff

Could you be more specific of how you are running this task - you have used "Scan" context menu, or you used "Run task" and selected existing task to be executed on this client?

From provided screenshots it seems that you user has no access to group "All", but it is configured to use it as a Homegroup - which is group where newly created task will be assigned. Have this been as is now since ERA 6.5 installation? If this is the issue, changing this users Homegroup to static group that he has access to should resolve this issue.

If it won't help, we would appreciate if you could check SERVER's trace log (C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Logs\trace.log) for errors indicating security or access issues. Expected error should contain affected objects identifiers and required access types.

Edited by MartinK

• ESET Staff
2 hours ago, Ionut Constantinescu said:

What dou you mean? His homegroup is "All", what do i need to change? The problem appears after 6.5 upgrade. I used Scan from context menu.

You have to change homegroup to static group that this user can read and modify, for example GLC. Objects created by user (including task, configuration policies,...) will be assigned to his home group, and only users with access to the same static group will see this objects.

I would recommend to check documentation for changes in ERA 6.5 security model.

On 07.04.2017 at 8:20 PM, MartinK said:

You have to change homegroup to static group that this user can read and modify, for example GLC. Objects created by user (including task, configuration policies,...) will be assigned to his home group, and only users with access to the same static group will see this objects.

I would recommend to check documentation for changes in ERA 6.5 security model.

It's working. Thank you, I think it wasn't so clear for me the new privileges.