Spam e-mails filter criteria

We received a couple of e-mails this morning from a friend.  The e-mails were clearly spam with malicious links in the body of the message.  I googled the subject lines, and I see these e-mail particulars have been around for nearly 2 years.  ESET did not flag them as spam.  We don't want all e-mails from this person flagged as spam, so I didn't flag them, I just deleted them in Outlook 2013.  This made me wonder what criteria ESET uses to detect spam or infected e-mails.  I'm using ESS 6.0.361.0.  (Yes, I know, I'll do the update to 7 soon.  :) )

• Administrators

If you check the Antispam protecton log, what score did these emails receive? Could you send me some examples in the message/rfc822 format (e.g. email exported from Thunderbird, Windows Mail, etc. to an eml file). If you cannot use such an email client instead of MS Outlook, let me know.

Antispam protection logs don't exist.  I don't really want to handle these e-mails and I've deleted them entirely.  They contain links which would be malicious, I'm sure.  The subject lines are "no economic problems since i started it" and "This thing changed my life".

I had just wondered if ESET's filter worked by subject line or user, and does it detect links within the body of the message.  I don't want to blacklist the user entirely.   However,  I'm not the only one that opens e-mail here.  Had another member of the household opened these, there is a good chance those links would have been clicked on and our computer infected.