Eset 10 network protection problems

hello all,

Network protection in Eset smart security version 10 is not activated (see image)!

what is wrong?

the problem occurs after I upgrade to new version. I also Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, still, I get the same issue...

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

• Administrators

Please run ESET Log Collector as per the instructions linked in my signature and supply me with the generated zip file via a pm.

I would run ESET uninstaller tool. hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2289/?locale=en_US. after reboot from safemode confirm there is no ESET in registry.  hkey_current_user>>software and hkey_local_machine>>software. IF so then delete. also confirm no epfw drivers in windows\system32\drivers. then re-install ESET. 

Edited by tmuster2k

5 minutes ago, tmuster2k said:

I would run ESET uninstaller tool. hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2289/?locale=en_US. after reboot from safemode confirm there is no ESET in registry.  hkey_current_user>>software and hkey_local_machine>>software. IF so then delete. also confirm no epfw drivers in windows\system32\drivers. then re-install ESET. 

This method is worked. tnx a lot.

4 hours ago, Hikester said:

got the same problem, could fix it but after 2 days it happens again ....

Do a custom scan selecting under "This PC" options; operating memory, boot sector, and the drive your OS is installed on. Run the scan as "Administrator." This will check if any malware is interfering with your network settings.

On 4/3/2017 at 10:54 AM, tmuster2k said:

you are most welcome. 

unfortunately, the problem arise again :(

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Arash said:

unfortunately, the problem arise again :(

I would suggest that you follow Marcos suggestion and submit the requested files to him in a PM

On 4/2/2017 at 11:58 AM, Marcos said:

Please run ESET Log Collector as per the instructions linked in my signature and supply me with the generated zip file via a pm.

On 02/04/2017 at 4:58 PM, Marcos said:

Having the same issue, pm sent.

I have the same problem. Tried all suggestions but still keeps happening, but not all the time. I am using the latest Version 10 and I am running Windows 10 Pro. Any more help would be appreciated. ESET version 8 was working fine but decided to upgrade to 10, now thinking of going back to 8!!.

If I click on Personal Firewall this is what options I have, Disable Permanently, obviously not right

Error.jpg

7 hours ago, SCR said:

I would suggest that you follow Marcos suggestion and submit the requested files to him in a PM

yes, I've done that and send reports to him.

44 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

I have the same problem. Tried all suggestions but still keeps happening, but not all the time. I am using the latest Version 10 and I am running Windows 10 Pro. Any more help would be appreciated. ESET version 8 was working fine but decided to upgrade to 10, now thinking of going back to 8!!.

If I click on Personal Firewall this is what options I have, Disable Permanently, obviously not right

Error.jpg

this is exactly the same.

6 hours ago, cookieboy said:

Error.jpg

This is just a temporary workaround that works for me (Windows 7) and suggests the problem is some form of conflict during windows startup. It's also worth mentioning that I have for some time run a staggered windows startup in so for as reducing to the minimum the number of applications that start up automatically yet I still experience this issue which suggests it is not a resource issue.

Open up ESET Smart Security 10 as soon as possible after Windows Startup.

If the ominous red 3 flag is showing against Setup (this appears to occur often but not every time), open up Internet protection and permanently disable (only option unfortunately) Personal firewall, Network attack protection and Botnet protection. Restart windows.

Wait a minute or so and Re-enable the aforementioned 3 functions. Apart from one occasion where I think I did not wait long enough (i.e. processor activity hadn't quite dropped to the typical idle 5 to 7 % in my case) they always come back up fully functional.

Obviously this workaround is less than satisfactory and not a long-term solution but it does provide some breathing space.

I would add that unless you are watching events during start-up there is otherwise no indication of a problem. The red warning against the system tray icon disappears after a few seconds even though the network protection component is reporting itself non-functional. Only by opening ESET Smart Security does it become apparent that there is a major issue.

Same for me with ESS 10 on Win10 x64. Did a complete uninstall using the ESET uninstaller, and a fresh install. It seemed to fix it, but the issue came back after a couple of reboots.

exactly, and what makes it even more annoying, you don't see it, if you don't open the GUI !!!

Why does not even the Home-Page of the GUI cry out loud, that there is a problem ???

Edited by Hikester

Exactly have the same issue here. EIS 10 on Windows 10. Firewall randomly disabled and no notification given. Cannot reactivate either. After a few reboots, it just works until randomly stops again. (All solutions on this forum tried. No luck. It is just as random.) 

We need a fix as soon as possible as this is both by not giving a notification and disabling firewall make us/me at risk. How can I trust ESET now?!

Edited by gencer

As this seems to be a system problem I have done something drastic. I have done a clean Install of the new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1703 version. All programs Installed and latest ESET 10. All working ok at the moment. Will monitor over the coming days 

2 hours ago, cookieboy said:

As this seems to be a system problem I have done something drastic. I have done a clean Install of the new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1703 version. All programs Installed and latest ESET 10. All working ok at the moment. Will monitor over the coming days 

cool. how do you monitor? are you going to use some specific software?

38 minutes ago, Arash said:

cool. how do you monitor? are you going to use some specific software?

Quite simply, every time I boot my PC I will check the ESET GUI to see if everything is ok

14 hours ago, gencer said:

Exactly have the same issue here. EIS 10 on Windows 10. Firewall randomly disabled and no notification given. Cannot reactivate either. After a few reboots, it just works until randomly stops again. (All solutions on this forum tried. No luck. It is just as random.) 

We need a fix as soon as possible as this is both by not giving a notification and disabling firewall make us/me at risk. How can I trust ESET now?!

it's quite strange: I checked firewall and it's still working even when GUI shows that it's Disabled!!!

Edited by Arash

All these issues posted here in this topic happens to me either. Just want to state that I'm still using windows 7. Hope for an solution from Eset soon.

6 hours ago, cookieboy said:

Well that didn't last long. It's back again after a few reboots!! Think we need Marcos on the case to escalate this bug to the software team to get it sorted

3 hours ago, Arash said:

it's quite strange: I checked firewall and it's still working even when GUI shows that it's Disabled!!!

Yep. GUI shows nothing. But it is disabled. After a reboot or several reboots, it works. While later it just stops.

I also sent log collector files to Marcos. Let's see what will happen. For now, I'm (and we're) unsecured by firewall. Either install third party firewall or switch to another vendor (for a short time of period).

Note; I also have the same OS. Windows 10 and it is 1703 (RS2) RTM. I can hear that they probably gonna say 1703 is not supported yet. :) Wouldn't be a big surprise.

Edited by gencer

29 minutes ago, gencer said:

Yep. GUI shows nothing. But it is disabled. After a reboot or several reboots, it works. While later it just stops.

I also sent log collector files to Marcos. Let's see what will happen. For now, I'm (and we're) unsecured by firewall. Either install third party firewall or switch to another vendor (for a short time of period).

Note; I also have the same OS. Windows 10 and it is 1703 (RS2) RTM. I can hear that they probably gonna say 1703 is not supported yet. :) Wouldn't be a big surprise.

I repeat a workaround which I already posted yesterday but so far no one appears to have commented on:

Begin Quote.

Open up ESET Smart Security 10 as soon as possible after Windows Startup.

If the ominous red 3 flag is showing against Setup (this appears to occur often but not every time), open up Internet protection and permanently disable (only option unfortunately) Personal firewall, Network attack protection and Botnet protection. Restart windows.

Wait a minute or so and Re-enable the aforementioned 3 functions. Apart from one occasion [Now two]  where I think I did not wait long enough (i.e. processor activity hadn't quite dropped to the typical idle 5 to 7 % in my case) they always come back up fully functional.

Obviously this workaround is less than satisfactory and not a long-term solution but it does provide some breathing space.

End Quote

I should add that I am assuming until I get time to test it that the Internet Protection section is in fact telling the truth when it indicates the statuses as functional or non-functional.