ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7.0.302 has been released

Marcos

• Administrators

ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 7.0.302 has been released and is available to download.

New features:

• Advanced memory scanner provides protection against obfuscated threats
  • Exploit blocker protects browsers and other popular applications from threats exploiting vulnerabilities in these applications
  • Improved cleaning of rootkits ensures that even in case of infection with persistent malware, the system will be restored to a working malware-free state
  • Device control allows for controlling access to removable devices
  • Automatic first time scan cleans potential malware on the computer and improves performance of future scans

To download and install ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 7.0.302, download and run Live Installer available on the download page. Installation over previous versions is fully supported.

Beta users and users with version 5 and 6 can upgrade to version 7 by checking for a new program version and selecting Install in the Update pane.

For more information and to download the product, visit the ESET website or contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.

Guest tomazyk

I've removed beta and installed final version without any problems. I have had no problems with beta and don't expect to have any with this release.

Great job ESET and keep up the good work  :)

Here, it says we can install v7 over previous versions.  

But, on this download page, it says we must uninstall NOD32 previous versions

hxxp://www.eset.com/us/download/home/detail/family/2?installer=offline

Why the warning dont appear if we click on the download page link in this announcement ????

So what...... uninstall or not ???

Edited by piranha

Updated via 'check for updares', very smooth uninstall/install operation, 7.0.302 running like a top on XP SP3.

I think the only yearly payment I actually enjoy making is to you guys.

I'st visit to the new forum,  thanks. :)

• 5 weeks later...

The uninstaller automatically uninstalls the previous version.

Is the uninstaller of the previous version (in my case, NOD32 64-bit 6.0.316.0) available in the NOD32 64-bit v7.0.302.26 Online download and also in the NOD32 64-bit v7.0.302.26 Offline download (71,072 kb)?

In other words, can I install NOD32 64-bit v7.0.302.26 (71,072 kb) "on top of" NOD32 64-bit 6.0.316.0?  Or do I first have to uninstall NOD32 64-bit 6.0.316.0?

Thanks for any comments, suggestions, or help.

R.N. (Roger) Folsom

Edited by RNFolsom

Hello Roger,

it is a bit more complicated, but you can upgrade from v.6 to v.7, the older version will be automatically uninstalled.

Actually, the erroneously released v7 update also uninstalled the previous version (v7) automatically. ESET has got this upgrading well sorted out; unlike Kaspersky where the official line is that you CAN upgrade but all the mods on the forum strongly advise against it.

Hello Roger,

it is a bit more complicated, but you can upgrade from v.6 to v.7, the older version will be automatically uninstalled.

Mr. Randziak:

Please excuse me for being confused, but what is "it" in your statement?

Did you mean that using the Offline Installer (download of 71,072kb) is a bit more complicated than using the Live [Online] Installer?  If the answer to that is yes, that would be consistent with my previous experiences with earlier NOD32 versions --- my recollection is that I have always used the Offline Installer for previous installations --- so I would be comfortable with using the Offline installer (which I have already downloaded but not yet used).

Or, did you mean that something else would be more complicated?  If so, what would that be?

My apologies for not seeing the probably obvious meaning of your statement.

Cordially, R.N. (Roger) Folsom

In case anyone is interested, two Eset websites are confusing users (e.g. me) about whether it is necessary to uninstall a previous NOD32 version with the latest 7.x version.

The first website is hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

If you scroll down to the Eset instructions, you will find the link below

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2788

That location to me implies that it IS necessary for an Eset user who is NOT dealing with a problem in his older version, but is merely replacing an older but completely functional Eset version with a newer version, to first uninstall the previous Eset version before installing the latest version.

The first website should mention the built-in installer in NOD32 v7.x.

And I think the second website needs major repair.  I gave the second website  a one  star ranking (I tried giving it zero stars, but it insisted on at least one), and in my comments pointed out that that website was contradicted by this thread in the forums.  And I included a link to this thread.  I hope that someone cleans up the confusion.

It did all the job by itself, for a newbie like me it is a relieve.  No unistaling or saving settings everything done,   My task was only to restart computer.   Well done Esset:))

• ESET Moderators

Hello Roger,

it was referring to the previous statement "The uninstaller automatically uninstalls the previous version."

It is not uninstalled completely for example settings are preserved in the registry, modules are not being compiled from the scratch, but are kept and so on.

So the upgrade is kind of small magic, but it should work.

I case you encounter any issue please report them here to to local ESET support.

• 1 month later...

I have upgraded from ver 4 to 7 on December 2, 2013. The problem is that my computer doesn't recognize my external hard drive anymore when the drive is switched on and freezes. I'm forced to reboot it. I uninstalled ver 7 and reinstated ver 4 and everything is ok now. Anyone experienced this issue?