Jump to content

Linux RA server 6.5.417.0 with mysql database


Virgo Pärna
 Share

Recommended Posts

There appears to be some kind of problem with database structure with Remote Administration server 6.5.417.0 for Linux (at least using MySQL database). Server fails to start up with  "Table 'era_db.tbl_log_apps_installed_status' doesn't exist" message in lasterror.html file. This table and many others existed in version 6.4, but they are not anymore in database creation scripts in newest version. And according to tbl_database_version the database version should be 6517.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

This issue has been discussed in another topic.

Most probable cause of this is that upgrade was interrupted by SERVER service restart or machine reboot. Upgrade to ERA 6.5 may take much more time then previous and is executed by service (daemon) itself and not by installer. This may result in state where SERVER service is running, but it is not accepting connection nor login to console is possible - is this the case?

Easiest solution is to restore database/machine to state before upgrade attempt was made and re-run upgrade, this time without interruption until it is finished properly. In case database backup (machine snapshot) is not available, or problem has different cause, please contact ESET support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Restoring database and reinstalling upgrade worked (if I did not touch the server after reinstall). Part of the problem is, that during installation it mentions upgrading database and the reports, that it is done. And then it does not mention, that it restarted the daemon. So my natural process was to install the upgrade and then restart the daemon (to start new version).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
1 hour ago, Virgo Pärna said:

Restoring database and reinstalling upgrade worked (if I did not touch the server after reinstall). Part of the problem is, that during installation it mentions upgrading database and the reports, that it is done. And then it does not mention, that it restarted the daemon. So my natural process was to install the upgrade and then restart the daemon (to start new version).

In ERA 6.5 upgrade process was changed and split into two phases:

  1. first part of upgrade is performed by installer itself (replace of binaries + first par of database upgrade)
  2. daemon is restarted so that it uses new binaries / modules
  3. newly started daemon (v6.5) continues with database upgrade

Unfortunately interruption of last phase causes problems as in your

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...