ESET Smart Security 7.0.302 has been released

• Administrators

ESET Smart Security version 7.0.302 has been released and is available to download.

New features:

• Advanced memory scanner provides protection against obfuscated threats
  • Vulnerability shield protects your computer from network threats exploiting vulnerabilities in communication protocols
  • Exploit blocker protects browsers and other popular applications from threats exploiting vulnerabilities in these applications
  • Improved cleaning of rootkits ensures that even in case of infection with persistent malware, the system will be restored to a working malware-free state
  • Device control allows for controlling access to removable devices
  • Automatic first time scan cleans potential malware on the computer and improves performance of future scans
  • Exclusions from active protection have been improved to make defining of trusted addresses easy

To download and install ESET Smart Security version 7.0.302, download and run Live Installer available on the download page. Installation over previous versions is fully supported.

Beta users and users with version 5 and 6 can upgrade to version 7 by checking for a new program version and selecting Install in the Update pane.

For more information and to download the product, visit the ESET website or contact your local reseller, distributor or ESET office.

Uninstalled the Beta(104) to make a fresh install, I always do that with major updates.

And I am glad to see that my bug is nowhere to be seen. And I must say that this build feels very nice. Good job as always ESET!

Installed over beta, no issues.

Will clean install on Win 8.1 in a few weeks once all other 3rd party Apps support it which Ad Muncher for now does not due to enhanced protection mode in IE11 even though they could have added it long ago as IE10 has it though its disabled by default added to no HTTPS support till next build (5.0).

• ESET Insiders

Let the 20MB download occur by pressing on the product update button and everything is running as smooth as silk.

I have a problem with final version of ESS 7 (haven't used beta before) and Windows 8.1 RTM (from MSDNAA) - almost all metro apps crash right after launch or free shortly after. After disabling HIPS they work without any problem again. ESS 6 didn't have this issue (I only had to remove firewall driver because it caused BSOD on Windows 8.1). There are some Event Viewer files with crashes info: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1561186/eset_bug.zip.

• ESET Moderators

Hello Revanmj,

could you please provide us with memory dump from the OS crash for analysis?

Regarding the crashing applications we would need procdumps from them (on unhandled exception) and SysInspector log.

Could you please provide us with that?

But the problem with OS crash is already fixed, it only occured with ESS 6 and Windows 8.1. In ESS 7 it's gone :) As for applications - I can give you procdumps if tell me how to get them as I never did it before. 

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

please download procdump utility here:

Run in elevated command line this command: c:\procdump aplication_name.exe -ma -e c:\dump.dmp

Replace aplication_name.exe with name of an application, which is crashing.
Procdump will wait for unhandled exception (exception which causes crash of the process) and will dump the process memory.

OK, there is a little problem - after installing GA Rollup update yesterday all Metro apps crash. I unistalled ESS and they still crash so this time MS screwed something up and because of that procdumps would be useless. I wil reinstall Windows after weekend and will let you know if problem persists. If issue with HIPS engine will come back, I'll make those procdumps and send them to you.

• ESET Insiders

I see a new version - 7.0.302.26 - popping up on websites such as Filehippo and Major Geeks. I thought it was strange my version number hadn't changed to .26 and reading the Eset FB page, I found this answer:

The only change in 7.0.302.26 compared to 7.0.302.0 is an updated EULA. The fact that the msi installer is larger can be caused by current modules and engine that are always embedded when a newer installer is built

As stated by Daniel here :

Anything after the first three sets of numbers (7.0.302 in this case) is simply a regional localization suffix. In this case, it refers to diferent versions of the EULA for various regions.

So your version 7.0.302 is up to date, regardless of which numbers come after that. Thanks for the great question!

Should answer your question TJP. . .

Along with Marcos' response also :

The only change in 7.0.302.26 compared to 7.0.302.0 is an updated EULA. The fact that the msi installer is larger can be caused by current modules and engine that are always embedded when a newer installer is built.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Nedim,

did you get user name and password or a register key?

Hello Peter...No...I have activation key. Got it from a friend, but my current license is still valid for 10 months. 

• ESET Moderators

Hello Nedim,

the keys are by default issued with one year validity, if I recall correctly.

But you can use them by expiration as well, just call your local support to extend the validity period.

• Administrators

Question. Is there any way to make ESET's window (GUI) size fixed?

I have to make it bigger every time my PC starts.

Probably the settings are not saved properly or the registry values get reset at times for some reason. I'd suggest contacting Customer care or creating a new topic for this issue.

• 2 months later...

I lost network connection on both my LAN ports shortly after updating Windows and ESET to 7.0.302. Thinking it couldn't possibly be ESET, I have spent the last day f-ing around with drivers and uninstalling windows 7 updates. I finally lost it with Micro$oft and did an Upgrade install of Win7. But i still couldn't get through the NICs. The troubleshooters just said, "Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration." In frustration i started uninstalling software and started with ESET. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as i uninstalled Smart Security, the network connection works fine.

I am going to try to re-install 7.0.302, but this is where I am at and I wanted you peeps to know.