Whitelist Bash on Ubuntu on Windows in firewall

Hello!

I am using Eset on a windows 10 system, but I am using the "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows" subsystem as described here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/about

I am having a hard time whitelisting applications spawning an internet connection from inside it in interactive mode. There is a "PID" but no application name. How can I whitelist all network activity for them? I have attached a screeenshot to show what I mean.

Capture.PNG.bc041f1e2a8a01cbd01abbb93d48b0c5.PNG

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Administrators

Unfortunately, WSL applications are not currently supported by ESET firewall. Users can set rules only by IP addresses and ports.

• 3 months later...
On 3/24/2017 at 3:36 PM, Marcos said:

Unfortunately, WSL applications are not currently supported by ESET firewall. Users can set rules only by IP addresses and ports.

any progress update on this?

• Administrators

No, there are no plans for that so far.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I confused the abbreviation WSL with RSC in another ticket. We plan to add support for determining WSL applications.

Edited by Marcos
Edited

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2017 at 4:57 AM, Marcos said:

No, there are no plans for that so far.

How can we ask to have this be considered?

WSL will soon be out of beta, and power users will increasingly rely on that environment for their work.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This needs to be supported, WSL is out of beta and an official part of windows now.

Even worse, if you create a permanent rule with the interactive prompt, it will actually install a wildcard rule allowing all traffic from any application (even normal windows applications)!

• Administrators

We've been conducting a research on this since changes will need to be done to the HIPS module in order to support WSL applications.