Silent install of All-in-one installation package (6.5)

I've created a few different all-in-one installation packages from the ERA Web Console (some with policies specified, some without, some with parent group specified, others without) and I can't seem to figure out why the silent installation of these packages aren't working. I can run them normally (non-silently) and they run and complete just fine.

I've followed the steps here on how to run a silent install using the "--silent" and "--silent --avr-disable" parameters, but while the installation appears to start (the ESET package wizard actually appears), it ends after only a few seconds. The wizard will show the screenshot below, and then disappear and nothing is ever installed.

Is there something in the all-in-one package that can't be specified in order for the silent installation to work (like policies, parent group, etc)? Is silent all-in-one packages created by ERA 6.5 not possible? We'd like to incorporate the all-in-one package into our imaging process but can't get it to install silently!

package_installer_window.png

Edited by wind-e

• ESET Staff

Could you try whether adding parameter --accepteula helps? ERA 6.5 uses new all-in-one installer and I am not even sure it supports silent installation as previous version did.

Hey hey, what do you know? "--silent" and "--accepteula" runs the install in it's entirety (albeit installer is seen during the entire run)! I'll play with it some more next week and see if there's any other combinations that might work to get it silent. Thanks @MartinK -- if you come across a way to make it please silent let me know.

That fixed our problem also.

ERA_Installer_x64_en_US.exe --silent --accepteula --avr-disable

I can now deploy this with our PDQ software silently.

Testing this out with our MDT Server as I type this.