Trojan warning for www.r-project.org

This issue seems to have been going on for years.  Should I just ditch NOD32?  It is highly unlikely that the website is infected.  Further, various parts of the website can be visited.  What is going on??

Screenshot 2017-03-22 11.18.06.png

• Administrators

I still see this awful obfuscated code there:r-project_org.png

The owner of the website should replace it either with an image or non-obfuscated script.

I'm sorry, Marcos, but this is the same unhelpful response that I've seen going years back in the eset forum.  "The owner of the website"? This is the main R website, and R is THE open source statistics and graphics system.  It gets incomparably more traffic and downloads than Eset.  I am sorry that you object to a piece of code, but I find your response just tremendously arrogant.

Try again.

• Administrators

The javascript used on the website is obfuscated in a way that malware authors obfuscate malicious scripts to evade detection which is why it's detected. For more information about why we don't recommend using this kind of obfuscation, see http://www.welivesecurity.com/2011/05/17/obfuscated-javascript-oh-what-a-tangled-web/.

You can add this particular website to the list of URLs excluded from protocol filtering to avoid detection.