Warning "A computer restart is recommended" after client install

Recently I have upgraded my clients to version 6.5 via ERA and on most of them I see a warning message "A computer restart is recommended".

Should I really restart all machines to make it disappear ?

People always just shut down computer and start it on next day morning.

I tried manually restart system and warning disappeared but I dont want to do it every time on tens of systems.

Why shutdown+start woun't help ?. 

Is there a fix for that ?

A computer restart is recommended

• Administrators

We strongly recommend restarting the OS as soon as possible after upgrade. Otherwise old drivers will remain loaded until the next restart which might cause issues with a new ekrn. E.g. on servers the system could hang because the new ekrn could not verify older drivers due to a change in the signature a few months ago.

On Windows 10 a shutdown with "Fast start" enabled is not an actual shutdown but a kinda hibernation (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html).

@a3pl - It all depends on the ESET configuration

From experience I can share with you that the Media control policy requires a computer restart to integrate the policy into the computer.

So when you upgrade such computer who is under certain aspects of ESET configuration it is required to restart the computer

restart = shut down\reboot to the computer. 

Sleep\hibernate\closing the lid doesn't count as restart.

as for a fix, check the policy of your system, see what required a system restart, usually this would also apply to upgrading.

37 minutes ago, Marcos said:

We strongly recommend restarting the OS as soon as possible after upgrade. Otherwise old drivers will remain loaded until the next restart which might cause issues with a new ekrn. E.g. on servers the system could hang because the new ekrn could not verify older drivers due to a change in the signature a few months ago.

On Windows 10 a shutdown with "Fast start" enabled is not an actual shutdown but a kinda hibernation (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html).

I think that may be that.

Thank You.