Two agents installed - how to flush old one from ERA?

Hi all

I've upgraded ERA 4 to ERA 5 (ERA 5 is brilliant, BTW) and I'm in the process of pushing out the latest agent and endpoint.

I have one computer which reports that it has Agent 6.4 installed - and Agent 6.5. What's the best way to clean this up? The ERAAgent.exe on the client machine is definitely 6.5 but the computer is still reporting both versions. It has survived several reboots.

Many thanks

Jim

ESET_2017-03-21_091721.thumb.jpg.9a46721230c040a909867c9434f5f53e.jpg

• ESET Staff
2 hours ago, jimwillsher said:

I've upgraded ERA 4 to ERA 5 (ERA 5 is brilliant, BTW) and I'm in the process of pushing out the latest agent and endpoint.

I hope that you are talking about ERA 6.4 and ERA 6.5 :)

I would say it might help to change / clean related registry entries on the computer, so @MartinK should be able to provide more insight.

• ESET Staff
3 hours ago, jimwillsher said:

I have one computer which reports that it has Agent 6.4 installed - and Agent 6.5. What's the best way to clean this up? The ERAAgent.exe on the client machine is definitely 6.5 but the computer is still reporting both versions. It has survived several reboots.

In case not even reboot helps, it is most probably problem with msiexec registry on client machine. You see both AGENTS also in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features on client machine? We have seen similar behavior also in case GPO/SCCM deployment methods were mixed - any chance this is that case?

One last chance is that logs received by SERVER are broken (may happen for cloned machines), but this should repair itself after no longer than 24 hours if this is the case.

you're right, both versions did display in appwiz.cpl (I don't normally have RDP access to this machine but I've managed to get it).

For info, 6.4 was installed via Live Installer, and 6.5 via client component upgrade. No GPO or SCCM.

I've manually uninstalled 6.4 and will see if 6.5 has survived....