dasasdas

Unmanaged computers disappeared and not syncing anymore (AD)

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

For some reason unmanaged computers disappeared and are no longer syncing. I tried both AD and LDAP. Get no errors, can browse LDAP tree and so on, task finished succesfully, but no unmanaged computers appear. This could have happened after i created "Delete not connecting computers" task, but even after unmarking "REMOVE UNMANAGED COMPUTERS" setting and restarting the AD sync task and server a couple of times nothing happens.

I did found that template to check if the problem is with ad sync or with web console, and there are no unmanaged computers in that report.

I am pretty sure that before "delete not connecting computers" task i had unmanaged computers synced and syncronization was working.

What can i try?

Could you provide configuration of your AD synchronization task? Especially parameter "Computer Creation Collision Handling" may have impact on this behavior. Could you try to set it to "Duplicate" if not tried yet?

12 hours ago, MartinK said:

Could you provide configuration of your AD synchronization task? Especially parameter "Computer Creation Collision Handling" may have impact on this behavior. Could you try to set it to "Duplicate" if not tried yet?

Hello,

I did try move and ignore only previously. Did a run with duplicate setting, but nothing changed. Task finished succesfully.

Screenshot of task settings attached.

eset.png

@dasasdas - Could be that "USE LDAP instead of AD" function?

I don't have it marked at my place

Edited by avielc

any errors? (check the execution or dashboard with server tasks to see any info)

well, 
i can think of the following two options:

1. the credential's permissions level is incorrect (though I'd assume it would return an error)

2. maybe something to do with the first setting? (sync only computers instead of groups and computers)

other than that, i'm out of options really...