A problem with quarantined files!

F14

Hi pals.

I have a really big problem! And I'd appreciate Any help about it. Thanks in advance.

Here is the problem .: I have a folder with some files quarantined by Eset, but I removed the application itself long ago, now how can I restore my files!?!

Additional description: I knew that I had some important quarantined files among them which was quarantined  By the application wrongly so I did not deleted the quarantined folder.

I dont know exactly wich version of Eset I instawich,so if I install the most recent version does it identify and restore the quarantined files?

• Administrators

The quarantine is removed when ESET is uninstalled from a computer. It normally contains only actual malware as ESET is known for having virtually very few false positives. Also it sounds weird that one would want to restore files from quarantine after a long time; even if there's a false positive it is resolved very quickly so users can restore files within a few hours or days at maximum.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

The quarantine is removed when ESET is uninstalled from a computer. It normally contains only actual malware as ESET is known for having virtually very few false positives. Also it sounds weird that one would want to restore files from quarantine after a long time; even if there's a false positive it is resolved very quickly so users can restore files within a few hours or days at maximum.

Thanks for your reply.

I can assure you that the quarantined files and folder is not removed afte uninstalling!

So as you said, it means that after all restoring files is impossible!?! It is kinda weird too!

Another thing, beside the matter of possibility of a file recovery, how can find that what is the original file type of a quarantined file? Is there a way?

Thanks.