ESET eats almost whole ram while scanning processes

ESET: Smart Security 10.0.390.0

What happens:

When I'm using Tools ---> Running processes ---> Refresh List

ESET instantly eats almost whole RAM and causes huge lag.

Spike on blue graph (RAM) shows what happened after I tried to refresh process list.

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Edited by Exxxsx

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.03.2017 at 7:11 AM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello,

how much memory does the ESET service consumes in the peak?

Is the list refresh successful after the peak?

Regards, P.R.

Hi, sorry for late response.

Peak jumps to 5.5GB~ from 2.5GB~ but I don't know the amount that's used by ESET. I'm only able to print screen tasks' manager memory graph.

Generally it creates around 20sec lag of whole PC but then everything "is waking up" and tries to collect its RAM.

e.g before peak Firefox used 1GB of RAM but after peak it barely had 100MB and after some time (around 1min) it managed to collect RAM to "needed" value (that 1GB) .

Edited by Exxxsx

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

thank you for the screenshots.

I was in impression that the high memory consumption is caused by the ESET service (ekrn.exe) now I can see it the ESET GUI (egui.exe)

Can you please run a procdump from an elevated command line with parameters procdump.exe -ma -m 1000 egui (it will dump egui.exe if the memory will go over 1 000 MB), procdump can be downloaded from the MS site: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx

Pack the dump along with output from ESET log collector created according to http://support.eset.com/kb3466/?locale=en_US , upload it to a safe location and send me a link via private message to check.

Regards, P.R.