EIS - Interactive Firwall - accidental allow

Hi

I would suggest to somehow disable the ability to allow a connection in interactive firewall mode in EIS, when you accidentally press ENTER or SPACE in the popup window. It is extremely annoying and sometimes I allow incoming connections which I do not want on my webserver. What do you think?

Edited by fusionneur

• Most Valued Members

The purpose of "interactive mode" is to allow "you" to decide about connections. If you feel that you have accidentally allowed any incoming or outgoing connections the easiest and fastest solution would be to edit the rule and either block, disable or delete the rule you created.

If you want to stop the connection immediately right click on the Eset Icon in the system tray and select "Block all Network Traffic" until you get things sorted out remembering to once again allow network traffic once you have finished.

Turning off the ability to create a rule pretty much negates the purpose of interactive mode.

Maybe I did not express myself clearly. I was suggesting disabling 'enter' and 'space' keys in the popup window, not blocking the ability to create manual rules..

Blocking the network traffic after the harm was done is not a solution.

I am using eset Smart Security/Internet Security with interactive firewall for at least 7 years. From my experience as a user, I can assure this is a real problem with the product, and this is happening at least once per week.

Just imagine a popup from an attacker incoming connection is allowed by mistake right when you are about to press enter or space for various reasons.

Edited by fusionneur

• Most Valued Members
18 hours ago, fusionneur said:

Maybe I did not express myself clearly. I was suggesting disabling 'enter' and 'space' keys in the popup window, not blocking the ability to create manual rules..

Blocking the network traffic after the harm was done is not a solution.

I am using eset Smart Security/Internet Security with interactive firewall for at least 7 years. From my experience as a user, I can assure this is a real problem with the product, and this is happening at least once per week.

Just imagine a popup from an attacker incoming connection is allowed by mistake right when you are about to press enter or space for various reasons.

I have been using Eset for quite a number of years in Interactive mode and have never had the issue you describe.

My apologies, my response was to assist with a rapid response to mitigate damages caused by an operator error.

Edited by SCR
Typo

Ok ..it just happened now with a bot/crawler, i did not want to connect to my website, while chatting and pressing space. This is a real inconvenience. Now i had to restart the vmnat service from vmware to drop the connection.

• Administrators

I assume that Enter and Space are used by JAWS-enabled applications for visually impaired persons so disabling them would prevent those users from selecting an action. I don't believe that other vendors have these keys disabled in the action selection dialog.

• Administrators

Don't bump this topic please. We, moderators, cannot do anything about it. I strongly doubt that other AV programs do not allow pressing Enter or Space in dialogs.

Ok, who do I have to contact in this case? I want to report this "feature" or at least suggest this change to the devs. Thank you.

Edited by fusionneur

• Most Valued Members
16 hours ago, fusionneur said:

Ok, who do I have to contact in this case? I want to report this "feature" or at least suggest this change to the devs. Thank you.