Master password for Password Manager

I have recently purchased the Premium version of Eset and have created a Master Password to use with Password Manager and followed that by adding various websites to Password Manager. I now wish to change the Master Password I created but cannot find any reference showing how to change it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Marcos
Topic name changed

• ESET Moderators

If you were just trying to change an existing, known master password, I will admit that it's not too easy to find in the settings, and afaik there isn't any documentation for that (the setting is mentioned here http://help.eset.com/essp/10/en-US/settings.htm but doesn't tell you how to access that). 

Is this what you did: To change a known master password (not a forgotten one),

Open ESET Smart Security Premium > Tools > click gear icon next to Password Manager > Open Password Manager > click Menu in upper right-hand corner > click Settings > Security > Change password next to Master Password. Whew.

I'll write some steps for how to change Master Password and update KB content. 

TO DWOMACK:

I do not appear to have received notification of your (above) response to my post. I only saw your comment when I received notification of FONEIL's response.

I had looked at the link that you have shown in your reply and thought it referred to a different subject. It appeared to me to be far too complicated for what I wanted to do! Nevertheless, thanks for replying.

TO FONEIL:

Those are the steps that I (eventually) took to make the required change.

Thank you.

• ESET Moderators
12 hours ago, Dorset Rover said:

TO FONEIL:

Those are the steps that I (eventually) took to make the required change.

Thank you.

Thanks for the confirmation, I have added a new FAQ for this here http://support.eset.com/kb6181/#ChangeMasterPassword and will work to get something added to online help topic as well -- thanks for the feedback!

p.s. Anyone can and should leave feedback on existing KB content by clicking the "Was this information helpful?" links at the bottom of articles--we really do review these! (:mellow: and :( only) and make article edits based on user feedback.