Saving to network drive, This file is in use by another application or user

BenjaminMH

Endpoint Antivirus 6.4.2014.0

Word file on a network share. 

When trying to export or save it as a PDF, ~1/4 times you'll get a message that says "This file is in use by another application or user" and the save fails. Occasionally, it will happen multiple times back to back, other times it's sporadic. 

When pausing ESET on the client, I'm unable to reproduce the issue. I've tried the exact same process 32 times with ESET disabled, and I have not seen this error. 

I separately tried disabling document protection in AV, but I still experienced the issue. 

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

2 hours ago, BenjaminMH said:

Endpoint Antivirus 6.4.2014.0

Word file on a network share. 

When trying to export or save it as a PDF, ~1/4 times you'll get a message that says "This file is in use by another application or user" and the save fails. Occasionally, it will happen multiple times back to back, other times it's sporadic. 

When pausing ESET on the client, I'm unable to reproduce the issue. I've tried the exact same process 32 times with ESET disabled, and I have not seen this error. 

I separately tried disabling document protection in AV, but I still experienced the issue. 

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

It looks like disabling "scan on file creation" on the local machine may resolve the issue, although that isn't exactly something I'd want to disable...