about more useful functions

what secondary functions do you want  nod32 to  ad? systerm  repair ? clean?  optimize? or  hips like comodo。?   IE protecting  ? adblock?   systerm  monitoring with HIPS?  BHOclean?

files smash?  network repair?    infected   drivers  clean?qihoo360 can do all of those, but  nod32  can not。we  need  that.these  little  functions.

• Administrators

The role of antivirus is to protect your system from malware and possibly other unwanted applications as well as to clean malware if your computer gets infected (which is quite unlikely to happen with ESET installed and all protection features active). To accomplish this, ESET leverages handful of protection modules, such as HIPS, Advanced memory scanner, Exploit Blocker, Botnet protection, Ransomware protection, etc. For more information about ESET's technology, see https://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/.

The role of antivirus is not definitely to block ads, "shred" files, repair network, registry, etc.

15 hours ago, Marcos said:

The role of antivirus is to protect your system from malware and possibly other unwanted applications as well as to clean malware if your computer gets infected (which is quite unlikely to happen with ESET installed and all protection features active). To accomplish this, ESET leverages handful of protection modules, such as HIPS, Advanced memory scanner, Exploit Blocker, Botnet protection, Ransomware protection, etc. For more information about ESET's technology, see https://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/.

The role of antivirus is not definitely to block ads, "shred" files, repair network, registry, etc.

I do admit  NOD32 is  excellent ,i hope  you can be better  .we can only  use  ESET  with  qihoo360, company 360  does  do a lot  tools to  supply more   you  don't  have to  do .Infect ,we just     want  NOD32  can  write hips ruls  like   */exe*/    %temp%.If   the frame is not  allowed ,please  list  important  items in FD   AD   RD rules, alow customers  to  choose   alow \ask\block.。There   are  so many   systerm‘s    "exe"  "dll"   ,and  s many important   registry  key,we  normal users  are  tired  to  find and  write  one by one ,we  just want  to  choose.   AND

Edited by generalmba

• Most Valued Members

I have to agree with Marcos. I've seen other AVs add features like startup manager, file cleaning etc. but these are the jobs of clean up utilities such as ccleaner. Eset in my opinion is good because it sticks to what it is good at - an antivirus should just be that, an antivirus. When you start to add other stuff you can risk making the program too big and too much of resource hog.

The only thing I'd maybe suggest is adding a better update system. Currently you can get Eset to let you know of windows updates but an option to warn you of other non microsoft out of date software might be handy. My reasoning for this is often out of date software can at times pose a security risk. However there are other software that can do this, but they can be hit and miss.