Blocked Website

I am currently using ESET Endpoint Antivirus (NOD32) and it is blocking a website I believe is safe.  Yesterday, it blocked the website on one computer that was on a different network.  The other computer could access the website.  Today, both computers can not access the site.  Out of curiosity, how does ESET make the determination that a website is not safe and subsequently deny access/ block the website? The website appears legitimate, but maybe it is catching or seeing something I am not seeing.  Maybe it should not have flagged the website.  

Thanks for the help. Really, I am curious about how the determination is made that a website isn't safe.  That way, I can double check, if I don't see any issue, I can safely whitelist it. Also, I am sure, it will come up, from a client at some point, that I will have to explain why it is being flagged and isn't a safe site. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, onefastsvt said:

Thanks for the help. Really, I am curious about how the determination is made that a website isn't safe.  That way, I can double check, if I don't see any issue, I can safely whitelist it. Also, I am sure, it will come up, from a client at some point, that I will have to explain why it is being flagged and isn't a safe site. 

There are several reasons why a website can be blacklisted. The most common reason is that malware was detected on a particular website.