Web console is not accessible through IP address

Hi,

I have installed latest version of ERA on windows server 2016 which works properly through localhost. But whenever I am trying to access it using IP address it doesn't, not even from the same server. 

Firewall rules are already created to allow its traffic.

For more information please refer attached screenshot and help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

mss-c-2017-03-07-19-18-57.png

mss-c-2017-03-07-19-19-03.png

mss-c-2017-03-07-19-19-23.png

• Former ESET Employees

Hello,

try to open ERA Web Console without port 8443:  https://[IP_Address]/era

Port 8443 is used to connect to ERA Web Console when ERA Virtual Appliance is installed.

Edited by Katarina

• ESET Staff

Could you please run command:

netstat -ta -b -p TCP

in Administrator command line and verify that Tomcat (Java) is actually listening on all IP addresses (interface) and on correct TCP port?

Have you tried to restart tomcat service? Tomcat will be listening only on interfaces that have been available during startup.

• ESET Staff

According to your previous screenshot (the one with 404 error), you can see that this error is generated by MS IIS server, and not by tomcat. My guess is that tomcat is not properly started, or it is listening only on IP addresses that were free. You will most probably have to handle this conflict, for example by changing Tomcat ports in its configuration...

I have changed port from 8443 to 8012 and it is listening.

Still same problem persist.

Let me tell you one more thing, I have installed Sefetica server on the same host, is that creating this problem?

• ESET Staff

Unfortunately I do not know what Safetica does, but I guess it is not interfering network connections.

Could you please try to disable firewall and check whether connections from outside works -> only to be sure firewall rules are correctly defined, especially after port changes you made.

Firewall rules are correct, I am able to telnet on all the required ports.

Please see the below image which will show you, its downloading the certificates from Safetica and not from ERA.

era_webconsole_error.png

• ESET Staff

I do no know Safetica, but it is probable that it is only performing HTTPS introspection, and it reject connection to hostname "192.168.1.225" because this hostname/IP address is not present in ERA TLS/SSL certificate.

Have you tried to bypass this check by clicking on "Proceed to 192.168.1.225 (unsafe)"? Will it load ERA or something different?