eset 9.0.408.0 error product update

Dear Sir/Madam

I have a 9.0.318.0 product, bought from ASUS of Iran along my Laptop. I have tried to update the product to 9.0.408.0 for so many times; the download bar appears, it remain for few seconds and suddenly close itself and says "product update ended up with and error: file not found on server". what should I do to keep my product up to date?

Meanwhile, I found my computer refresh its desktop without being asked for, and a little tiny sound I hear from the hardware of my laptop -for less than a second- at the moment of refreshing. I guess it might be a virus; while when I scan my computer with eset smart security, it says there is no threats found. Please let me know I can I stop this un-wanted refreshing of my desktop? you might find as a new virus coming up on the internet or ...?

Thank you for your helps in advance.

Regards

Hossein

Edited by hossein.ayzd

• Administrators

To start off, please capture the network communication using Wireshark during the upgrade. When done, save the log, compress it and drop me a pm with the log attached.

By the way, in addition to unwanted refreshing, I see the icon figure of my pdf files disappeared; and still ESET doesn't detect any threat to my laptop.

Hope what I provided using Wireshark can give you any clue so that to help me resolve the problem.

I appreciate it in advance (y). 

Regards;

Edited by hossein.ayzd

• 2 months later...

I have recently installed eset it saws product update but I can not update my product from Ver. 9 to Ver. 10.

it gives message "Product update ended with error"

I tried 2-3 time to update but gives error...

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Jatin Parekh said:

I have recently installed eset it saws product update but I can not update my product from Ver. 9 to Ver. 10. it gives message "Product update ended with error". I tried 2-3 time to update but gives error...

Please collect logs with ELC as per the instructions linked in my signature and provide me with the generated zip archive. Then uninstall v9, download the installer from ESET website and run it. It will install the latest v10. Should you encounter an issue during install, collect logs with ELC and provide them to me for perusal.