Consenus? ESET products are having more-and-more issues lately!

• ESET Insiders

As stated in my thread header, I'm seeing a steep increase in issues regarding the recent ESET products line-up for SS(P) and/or CS(P)! What's the consensus here on the ESET forums?

Note: I'm a hybrid OS user too.

Cheers

Edited by m4v3r1ck

• Most Valued Members

Personally i don't think that its ESET products that are causing the majority of issues. I think the lack of experience and knowledge is the bigger issue.

A golden rule that goes back over 20+ years, was to never use 2 antivirus products on the same machine at the same time. People nowadays are running multiple security products all running realtime protection and wondering how they are having problems.

Dedicated anti spyware and anti malware apps have now evolved to encompass AV into them along side realtime protection.

By all means have a secondary app to scan for spyware and anti malware,  but not one that uses realtime protection. Also not use something that's actually duplicating work that's being done by another security suite.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, m4v3r1ck said:

As stated in my thread header, I'm seeing a steep increase in issues regarding the recent ESET products line-up for SS(P) and/or CS(P)! What's the consensus here on the ESET forums?

Note: I'm a hybrid OS user too.

Cheers

I am not a Hybrid OS user.  Simply Windows 7 Pro and Premium both x64, separate systems of course. I'm not having any issues with EIS on either system. Based on my own personal use I must disagree.

While I will admit that there is a bit of an up hill learning curve if you are using anything but "Automatic" mode. I use Interactive mode on the Pro machine and Automatic on the Premium. I used both ESS and ESSP without issues as well. However both provided options that were either duplicates to programs already installed or simply not necessary for my use

@cyberhash:

I agree regarding "lack of experience and knowledge." However that's why Eset provides the Automatic mode. I consider the running of two AV's or duplicate real time protections a self induced issue. While I have several second opinion titles installed they are on demand only. It is unfortunately the common thought that more is better when it comes to protection when in fact it isn't.

Ver. 10 is the way to go. Also latest .390 release is pretty bug free on my Win 10 x64 1607 build.

I do still miss the ver. 8 GUI. As a rule, dislike anything "Metro" based.