Uninstall Tool /nosafemode

jdashn

Good Afternoon, 

For quite some time we've used the EsetUninstall Tool:

https://support.eset.com/kb2289/

We use it internally when we have difficulty removing a previous version of the software or need to preform an unattended uninstall/reinstall of the ESET suite (ERA to run task esetuninstall.exe /nosafemode /force) allowing us to uninstall the product when it was having problem (we've had random issues with activation and clients refusing to update properly, and other uninstall methods would not work). 

I've come across another machine, where i'm unable to uninstall the product, so i grabbed the uninstall tool from ESET (figuring the one i've got in our file share is outdated), and it seems that this new version has had the /nosafemode option removed. This means the uninstaller tool only works if you're physically able to be at the computer, and manually (not scripted via era) run the application? 

Is there a Hidden option i'm missing? Or has the functionality of this product been that significantly reduced? Is there a proper location where i can request this feature be added back in or told why it was removed?

Thanks!!

Jdashn

Just to clarify.. i'm just looking for the same functionality... the ability to uninstall stubborn (unable to uninstall via ERA) eset installs remotely, without interaction. Im guessing it's functionality that exists somewhere, i'm just not finding it.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

Jdashn 

• Administrators

Using the /nosafemode switch was never deemed 100% safe and is even less safe now that the tool supports removal of other ESET's products. For instance, using it to remove ERA would likely render the database corrupt.