migrate from ERA 6 on Windows to ERA VA

Hi there,

i want to migrate my ERA 6 on Windows Server, to an ERA VA. Is it possible? On VA you can pull a database from a different VA but there is no option for pulling from Windows Server.

Anybody has some information on that ?

Kind regards,

Max

• ESET Staff

Hello, we are recently testing those scenarios and preparing documentation / guidance for those scenarios. In the current versions of ERA (6.4 and below) it´s not recommended, due to some issues / differences in DB tables between MySQL and MSSQL. 

For ERA 6.5 it should be eventually possible, but there will be some limitations (you will first have to upgrade the Appliance to the same version as the version of ERA you want to migrate to (6.5 => 6.5) etc.

So as of now, this scenario is not officially supported. We expect to add support in the ERA 6.5, after it is released. Documentation might be published later (as it is in the works). 

Thanks! So i could only configure the new server and then configure all clients to connect to the new server ?

So it might be a lot easier if i would just uninstall the agents on all devices and then deploy new agents, from the new server.

Ok thanks for all :)

• 2 weeks later...