Malware blocking using Hash value

Shafiq

Hi,

Is there any option to block malware executing using Hash value in ESET? For example if I found Hash value of malware on virus total and I want to block that malware getting executing in our environment.

16 hours ago, Marcos said:

This will be possible with ESET Enterprise Inspector which should become available for beta testing later this year.

Is this separate product or feature that will be integrated in ERA+EEA/EES ?

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, bbahes said:

Is this separate product or feature that will be integrated in ERA+EEA/EES ?

It's a separate product. Support for EEI will be first added in Endpoint v6.5 and ERA v6.5.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

It's a separate product. Support for EEI will be first added in Endpoint v6.5 and ERA v6.5.

Something like Sysinspector?

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, bbahes said:

Something like Sysinspector?

It will be more than that :) For instance, you will be able to choose from dozens of behavioral rules pre-generated by ESET malware researchers and get alerted if any of the rules are hit on clients. This will also be reported to ERA.

• ESET Staff

The product is EDR - Endpoint Detection and Response. Events will be reported to a dedicated server, which will then perform analysis, and report events back to ERA. There will be a "drill-down" to the EEI console, where you will be able to perform forensics investigation, and apply various filters to identify suspicious processes / executables. As of now, we do not have any public-facing documentation.  Only a high.level "teaser" leaflet

29 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

The product is EDR - Endpoint Detection and Response. Events will be reported to a dedicated server, which will then perform analysis, and report events back to ERA. There will be a "drill-down" to the EEI console, where you will be able to perform forensics investigation, and apply various filters to identify suspicious processes / executables. As of now, we do not have any public-facing documentation.  Only a high.level "teaser" leaflet

Will it have linux virtual appliance deployment option? Would love to hear some licensing options if possible :) I ask because we have been approached by company that offers similar thing but if you have this ready soon I will have to test it and talk with managers to hold purchase for this 3rd party product. I will send you PM who is this 3rd party vendor I'd like to hear your comment.

Edited by bbahes