Device randomly locked, started siren, with message "Suspicious activity detected"

If this is a feature, I demand it is removed immediately or I will stop using this product. It is an insanely stupid idea to obstruct the user like that. I was in bed, with someone next to me. It could have been an even worse situation for that to happen. Why did this happen?

And yes, I changed my password after this.

Hi I have same problem! Last two days phone lock itsefl and run siren. I have nightshifts in work. I want sleep and siren woke me up! If it will continue, i want my money back and i stop using this sw! I dont want any random self tests!

• Administrators

Could you please confirm or deny that you had previously an older version of ESET Mobile Security v3 installed and started a siren from the Anti-Theft portal? We assume that such attempt might failed in the past failed but now with the current version of EMS it's started when a signal is received.

We are on it and investigating the issue with highest priority. In the mean time, you can temporarily disable Anti-Theft to prevent a siren from starting unexpectedly.

The siren started shortly after a major update. I did run a test a few month earlier and that didn't go so well from the website, so that could explain it. I do remember SMS commands working 100% of the time, though.