RAM & Processor information in ERA6.x

Thank you for the information Michal.

So can you tell what exact information it will includes in v7 regarding hardware inventory.

Does it will report about hardware changes as well.

Edited by chetankb1

• ESET Staff

This is quite a tricky request. We usually do not share road-maps publicly (for obvious reasons). We share them with our partners / regional offices, or with customers that have NDA agreements signed with us (like technology partners, etc). I can share only some high-level plans, about what we will do for the ERA V7 by the end of the year (currently planned timeline). Major improvements will be focused on the user experience, automation, orchestration (large scale / network wide automation). We will also integrate ESET Encryption by Deslock to the ERA, so a separate console won´t be needed. But there are more changes, mostly tailored towards the Enterprise customers. But there are some changes for SMBs as well, that you could be excited about. But more info to come, in upcoming months.

@chetankb1 We do plan to collect information about CPU, RAM, HDD, and some basic device information (as we have it now). Concerning the change tracking, could you please elaborate more about the desired use-case / problem you want to solve by this? It might be possible, but I can´t tell as of now. But the ERA reporting framework eventually allows to do it, if it makes sense.

On the other note, we are regularly doing customer researches with selected customers, where we do try to visit them in person, and get a deeper understanding about what are they needs in the area of security. @kingoftheworld, @bbahes would you be eventually interested in participating in such research, either over the phone / webex, or ideally in person. I do not know where you are located, we would like to focus primarily on mature enterprise markets, and users with good English knowledge, but we can adjust. During such visits, we can arrange signing of the NDA, and then also have a more open discussion about what ESET plans to do in the future. Major benefit (by dedicating couple of hours to talking with us) for you is, that your might in fact shape the future of the product that you are using. This year, we want to focus on the needs of the larger / enterprise customers in particular. So if you are interested, just drop me a private message, about your details, and we might get in touch (I can share with your some detailed objectives).

7 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

This is quite a tricky request. We usually do not share road-maps publicly (for obvious reasons). We share them with our partners / regional offices, or with customers that have NDA agreements signed with us (like technology partners, etc). I can share only some high-level plans, about what we will do for the ERA V7 by the end of the year (currently planned timeline). Major improvements will be focused on the user experience, automation, orchestration (large scale / network wide automation). We will also integrate ESET Encryption by Deslock to the ERA, so a separate console won´t be needed. But there are more changes, mostly tailored towards the Enterprise customers. But there are some changes for SMBs as well, that you could be excited about. But more info to come, in upcoming months.

@chetankb1 We do plan to collect information about CPU, RAM, HDD, and some basic device information (as we have it now). Concerning the change tracking, could you please elaborate more about the desired use-case / problem you want to solve by this? It might be possible, but I can´t tell as of now. But the ERA reporting framework eventually allows to do it, if it makes sense.

On the other note, we are regularly doing customer researches with selected customers, where we do try to visit them in person, and get a deeper understanding about what are they needs in the area of security. @kingoftheworld, @bbahes would you be eventually interested in participating in such research, either over the phone / webex, or ideally in person. I do not know where you are located, we would like to focus primarily on mature enterprise markets, and users with good English knowledge, but we can adjust. During such visits, we can arrange signing of the NDA, and then also have a more open discussion about what ESET plans to do in the future. Major benefit (by dedicating couple of hours to talking with us) for you is, that your might in fact shape the future of the product that you are using. This year, we want to focus on the needs of the larger / enterprise customers in particular. So if you are interested, just drop me a private message, about your details, and we might get in touch (I can share with your some detailed objectives).

Thanks for the quick reply.  I think what you mentioned may already in the works.  We had your VP for Sales visit our site last year, and our sales rep mentioned that someone from ESET was planning another visit this year.  I am not sure if it is more geared towards sales or product improvement.  I will reach back out once I get some more details of the already planned visit.