• Announcements

• Marcos

Filecoder.Crysis updated to decode .dharma files   03/01/2017

We are happy to announce you that we have updated the Filecoder.Crysis decoder to support decryption of files with the .wallet and .onion extensions. The decoder is downloadable from https://download.eset.com/com/eset/tools/decryptors/crysis/latest/esetcrysisdecryptor.exe.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aviben

Fasle Positive W32/Kryptik.BIV trojan

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I got a notification from eset of a malware problem, I feel its false positive can anyone confirm I have attached the log details below.

Time;Scanner;Object type;Object;Threat;Action;User;Information;Hash;First seen here
15-02-2017 22:07:40;Real-time file system protection;file;C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Downloader\5b7887f28c7dfb735ce37bd449dcdcf6\GeForce_Experience_Patch_v1.0.exe;a variant of Win32/Kryptik.BIV trojan;cleaned by deleting (after the next restart);AVINESH\Avinesh;Event occurred on a file modified by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NvNode\NVIDIA Web Helper.exe (3BEC3FD517731A410682E28373E0FFA1290E8B72).;4B99ABE5FC521FDB2CA170D681B19253A929636A;15-02-2017 22:07:17

This is a very old Kryptik detection triggered on an incomplete Nvidia file. Ie. the file cannot be executed and is corrupted. We'll see what we can do about it. You can temporarily exclude C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Downloader from scanning.

Thank You for the prompt confirmation! :)