ERA - upgrade Endpoint Antivirus to Endpoint Security

Hi guys,

I have ESET ERA 6.4 and I have question about how to upgrage on pc from Enpoint Antivirus 5.0 to new Endpoint Security 6.4?

I was create clent task with Install security product (Endpoint security), but task was failed.

Thank you.

• ESET Staff

Yes, but you have to also enter valid license that allows activation of the Endpoint Security.

Also check the details (execution history) for the detailed reason, why it failed (detailed trace error).

• Administrators

I would start with uninstalling EAV 5.0 (e.g. remotely, using a software uninstall task), at least to avoid installing EES in the EEA folder. There's a chance that a fresh install will work alright. If not, you could connect remotely via RD or another remote administration software and try to install EES v6 manually. This will also enable you to generate an install log by running "ees_nt64.msi /lvx* log_name" which may shed more light if the install fails.

Hi guys,

finally I used client task "Install Security Product (Endpoint Security)" and run this task on clients with Endpoint Antirus.

On client pc was installed Endpoint Security 6.4, but it is not possible Activation this product. This task allways failed with error:

"Task failed in the security product"

If I use this task activation on another pc, where is fresh installed Endpoint Security - task will finished sucessfully.

• Administrators

Just in case, did you actually use a correct license key for activation? You've mentioned that you're upgrading EEA to EES so you must use a license key issued for ESET Endpoint Security to activate it.