NOD32 affects Samsung 960 Pro Performance?

Super_Spartan

I no longer have NOD32 installed as I noticed a performance deterioration in my SSD Benchmarks even though it was disable at the time of the benchmark.....

I then ran the same benchmark while McAfee Antivirus Plus was installed and running (not disabled) and got even higher results....

I can't provide you with any system information right now other than the specs of my laptop but here goes........

The only reason I mentioned this is because I remember a user here once complaining about how NOD32 AV affects Samsung 950 PRO SSD Performance......

With NOD32 installed / disabled:

ESET.png

McAfee AntiVirus Plus installed and running:

Intel AntiVirus Plus.png

Edited by Phoenix

• Administrators

In order to completely disable real-time protection, you'd need to disable the automatic real-time protection start option in the advanced setup and restart the computer. I'd like to emphasize that worse results in this benchmark do not mean that ESET affects your system performance badly; the issue is expected to manifest basically only with this benchmark application. We were even unable to reproduce the issue with the latest version of the application.

• Administrators

Should you encounter any actual performance issues, I encourage you to let us know and we will be happy to assist you and provide a solution.