Licence renewal on clients

Using ESET Remote Administrator 6

Licence on clients expiring on 21/02/2017

I renewed licence, synchronize with ELA, now expiring on 21/02/2018 on server

But clients still show expiration in 12 days and do not update their licence expiration time. A lot of users calling me about this. What should I do to update licence expiration on clients?

• ESET Staff

The question is, how was the license activated on the client?
Have you used the "product activation task" that used "online license" (license key / security admin account added to ERA), or it was activated using offline file?

In case of online activation, clients should get license data updated automatically, during next 6 hours after renewal, if they are able to connect to edf.eset.com. (try to open https://edf.eset.com/edf on the affected machine). If that works, license info should get updated.

Alternatively, you can force them to reactivate, by running a product activation task on them again.

• ESET Staff

You can alternatively "disable license expiration warning" on the clients, using policy created from ESET Remote Administrator (if you are running Endpoint 6.4):

license info.png

Edited by MichalJ

• ESET Staff

The question is, if the task was using a license in the online / offline form. If the mapped license was "online" (inserted via the security admin account or license key) or "offline" (inserted as the offline file). 

Can you please send me the "PLID" of your license, to check the license status? 

• 7 months later...
On 09/02/2017 at 8:36 AM, MichalJ said:

The question is, how was the license activated on the client?
Have you used the "product activation task" that used "online license" (license key / security admin account added to ERA), or it was activated using offline file?

In case of online activation, clients should get license data updated automatically, during next 6 hours after renewal, if they are able to connect to edf.eset.com. (try to open https://edf.eset.com/edf on the affected machine). If that works, license info should get updated.

Alternatively, you can force them to reactivate, by running a product activation task on them again.

We have a similar situation where we are managing the agents using the ERA. The license was renewed and was updated on the ERA. We tried pushing the license to be activated on the agents using the product activation tab but this client task keeps failing. Can someone help us regarding this. 

• ESET Staff

Can you please provide some detailed information about:

- version of the ESET Application installed

- is the application connected directly to the internet or via a proxy server

- PLID of the license (you can send this to me via private message)

NOTE: If you have Endpoint 6.6 installed, and it is configured to connect to internet via proxy, that might be the cause of the problem (some customers are experiencing issues with it). Wireshark log from the unsuccessful activation attempt + ERA agent trace log might be helpful for us, to better troubleshoot your issues.