Hello briskethed and wellcome

Would this help you, ;-)) How do I use ESET SysRescue to create a bootable USB disk, CD or DVD on a 32-bit Windows system?  or How do I use ESET SysRescue to create a bootable USB flash drive, CD or DVD on a 64-bit Windows system? ( I guess that you are using 64 bit, if so, then you shall use the last link of course, )

Regards, Janus

Edited by Janus

• 1 month later...

CB530, I went to that link, and it does not let me click the ESS/EAV bullet.  It has MSI file bullet clicked, and it won't let me change it, t get it the same way the instructions show.  When I try to go forward, it says selected MSI file does not exist.  Then I don't see which msi file is correct.  I had thought that ESET would have listened to people, and made this easier.  You still need that large AIK file, and now maybe I have to download something else too.  The AIK file is now 5GB if I remember right.

• ESET Staff

kkay,

I apologize for my late response here. You are correct that you need to install Microsoft AIK (or ADK if you are using a more recent operating system) for the procedure to work. ADK is about 2.0GB but is only recommended if you are using Windows 8/ 7/ Vista (SP2)/Windows Server 2008 or later. It is also self-executing, so it doesn't require the use of an ISO reader the way that AIK does.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

've the same problems when i tried to created a USB rescue stick - same when I choose CD/DVD or ISO -  and honestly speaking it's really shamed  that I've to search the inet to get an workable manual - but without success! I think if I pay for a product like ESET Smart Security the tool function for creating a rescue stick must run automatically or a workable manual must be there! But when I read the manual  I found only the information that the tool is looking for a  "msi" file but no hint which msi is meant! and the problem is that i can't choose or change the ESS / EAV Files location I've only the choice the use MSI File

Same if I read this thread - no really support and help to solve this problem!

Thanks in advance!

P.S:

Found now a link which is maybe helpful hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2965 but I'm asking myself why it's not possible to mentioned this in the normal manual?

post-2835-0-61354400-1390660174_thumb.jpg

Edited by biertrinker

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

You need to have the MSI file that you installed ESS/EAV with on your system. If you are on a 64 bit system, you must use the 32 bit MSI installer version. If you deleted it after you originally installed ESS/EAV, then you can download it again. In the screen shots above, you will need to point it to that MSI installer's location on your system, then it should work. For example, be sure you have the 32 bit MSI file downloaded somewhere on your system. From the first screenshot above, change the check box under "ESS/EAV files location:" to "MSI file:", browse to that location and select the MSI file. It should now work. Usually when it has the MSI option clicked checked and you cannot change it, you are on a 64 bit system with 64 bit ESS/EAV but you must use the 32 bit in order to create the SysRescue. HTH... Please also note that the MSI installer file that you use must not only be 32 bir, but it must be the offline version too (NOT the online version).

Edited by puff-m-d

Hi,

thanks for your prompt answer.

Of course I've a 64 bit system - but no hint in the normal manual about that and unfortunately my magic crystal ball gives no answer for that problem :wub:

I already downloaded the 32 bit verson of the msi now and I hope that everything will running fine!

*******************************************************************************************************************************

It's running now!

But one more question - how often do i must updated the stick to've always and actual rescue stick?

Edited by biertrinker

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

It should work. You can have a 64 bit system and be using the 64 bit version of ESS/EAV, but you MUST use the 32 bit offline MSI installer file to create your SysRescue.

Let us know how it goes...

Edited by puff-m-d

Of course I've a 64 bit system - but no hint in the normal manual about that and unfortunately my magic crystal ball gives no answer for that problem :wub:

Its there, it just needs to be pointed out a little better.

Maybe we can ask for the KB to be updated by the documentation team to place more emphasis on using 32bit installer, and about selecting the msi manually in the wizard.

post-1101-0-14960500-1390694260_thumb.jpg

I am downloading that 32 bit installer.  It sure would be nice, if ESET would make it easier for 64 bit customers, to use their 64 bit version .msi file...hint hint.  Hopefully it will work out this time.

• Administrators

I am downloading that 32 bit installer.  It sure would be nice, if ESET would make it easier for 64 bit customers, to use their 64 bit version .msi file...hint hint.  Hopefully it will work out this time.

A 32-bit installer is needed because Windows PE is 32-bit.

@Arakasi:

Show me this installation manual in the "normal" manual which will be installed with the SmartSecurity on my PC ==> can't find it there and I think this must be mentioned in a good and workable manual.

For my understanding: This rescue DVD/CD/USB stick installation must run automatically without any manual corrections or additional modulation

Edited by biertrinker

@Arakasi:

Show me this installation manual in the "normal" manual which will be installed with the SmartSecurity on my PC ==> can't find it there and I think this must be mentioned in a good and workable manual.

For my understanding: This rescue DVD/CD/USB stick installation must run automatically without any manual corrections or additional modulation

I was referring to the knowledge base article. :)

But if you want to get technical, here is what no one seems to remember. Programs and software, when written by a good team, and built by good designers also have a great "Help file" included.

Here is ESET's, which you can get to from the main GUI, under Help and support, then " Open Help ".

Lovely screen shots for everyone. :P

Don't hesitate to read the article that's open too.

post-1101-0-78086100-1390914640_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arakasi

Ah, thank you.  I thought they had a 64 bit, and a 32 bit program.  I still cannot seem to get this thing working.  I did use the 32 bit msi file though. 

Ah, thank you.  I thought they had a 64 bit, and a 32 bit program. 

FYI....

ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus are hybrid programs in that they contain both 32-bit and 64-bit program code. The engine and interface modules used by your ESET security product to protect a system from malware are the result of years of development to create highly-optimized x86 assembly language code. During testing, it was discovered that recompiling certain portions of the program to 64-bit code resulted in increased memory usage with no discernible improvement in performance, stability or reliability.  

When a 64-bit interface needs to be monitored, such as for on-access or Windows Socket layer scanning, 64-bit code is used. As evidenced by the high scanning throughput and detection rate of ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus under 64-bit operating systems, this does not cause any complications.  

In general, the parts of your ESET security product that need to run as 64-bit do, while parts that have no advantage running as 64-bit remain 32-bit code.

Well let's just say this SysRescue may get the best of me yet... :huh:   I am on another thread, and I have been unsuccessful at getting a working SysRescue disk to boot.  Thank you for the info.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I believe we need more details about your problem.

A suggestion. If English is not your first language consider to use a translation tool like: https://translate.google.com/

Write the message in your language, translate it to English then copy&paste it here.

Hi
I have Windows 7 64 bit and my antivirus eset Smart Security Version 7
My antivirus is updated.
But after making my rescue disk is not updated.
Please try to solve my problem.
Thank you

Hi

I have Windows 7 64 bit and my antivirus eset Smart Security Version 7

My antivirus is updated.

But after making my rescue disk is not updated.

Please try to solve my problem.

Thank you

Try using the Live version in my signature.

I would also recommend SysRescue Live (in this case), because it's much easier to use. You don't have to download Windows AIK or any MSI file. You simply have to download a small "installer" and then you can go on with a few clicks.

Try this links:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have Windows 8,1 and a 64 bit version of the ESET Smart Security.

When I try på install the 32 bit version acording to the link above I just get a message telling me that it is not possible to install the 32 bit program as I have a 64 bit system?

Do anyone know how I then can get the msi.fil so I can create the rescure disk?

Thansk for your time and help

Best regards, kim

You not have to install the MSI file. Just download it and then select it in ESET SysRescue (from your already installed 64bit version of ESET).