New User, Need help with infected files.

• ESET Insiders

itman: I'm betatester of ESET and also responsible for security in my company, so I know how to work with that file, and YES threat is in archive, to be more precise in archive which was earlier sent as sample of malware not detected earlier by ESET :-) and I don't delete it only due to some issues with cleaning after signatures was added and ESET started recognise it :-)

• ESET Insiders

And some more investigating it further... It looks like this is not problem with Fences but with Deskscapes which ESET recognises as FullScreen apps and get to game mode. When Deskscapes are off, ESET recognises properly infections and show window with possibility to select action.

Gamer mode is a feature in ESET Windows home products:

• Activates by default when ESET detects any full-screen application in use (games, movies, etc.).
  • Maximizes performance and minimizes intrusion when full-screen applications are running.
  • Postpones scheduled tasks (for example, virus signature database updates or scheduled computer scans).
  • Disables notification windows.
  • Minimizes CPU usage by ESET to improve system performance.

• ESET Insiders

I know what is Gamer mode is :-) and I nailed down my problems to some windows applications which shows animation as wallpaper on desktop (namely Dreamscapes), and in that case ESET goes into gamer mode, but in fact there's no game or movie runned. Maybe others have got similar extensions on system and maybe this is worth to make some exclusion, like Dreamscapes won't invoke gamer mode? :-)