Alerts and Notification

Hi there

I using version 4.5 of ESET File Security for MS Windows Servers and intend to setup the email alerting. Since I am working with google apps, it makes sense for my setup to send out mails using google's smtp server.

I checked various websites and entered the recommended settings as displayed in the attached screenshot. Even adding the port numbers (456 or 587) by a colon trailing the smtp server didn't bring the desired results.

post-1875-0-77627800-1381060442_thumb.png

I would be happy to understand the following:

• are there any outbound ports in the windows firewall that need to be opened?
  • are there any log files indicating the success or failure of message sending?
  • is there an easier way to send test mails than just by creating an eicar file?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Markus

Edited by boschma1

Thank you, Marcos. OK, I will figure out, how to send mails to GMAIL not using SMTPS - pretty strange not to support this protocol, but it is what it is... I thought I'm dealing here with a security enhancing software...

But the other 2 questions are still not answered:

• are there any log files indicating the success or failure of message sending?
  • is there an easier way to send test mails than just by creating an eicar file?