Pre-Release Updates Enabled?

Hey cutting_edgetech

I have not noticed any issues with pre released enabled, using Windows 8 pro 64/ and windows 7 64 bit as a platform. Windows 7 is using Ess version 6, and windows 8 using version 7.

Regards Janus :-))    (have a nice weekend)

Edited by Janus

• ESET Insiders

I had pre released updates enabled for only a day, and I had to roll back my machine to test some other software. I didn't have any problems during that 1 day of use. I just enabled pre release updates again. I will try using pre released updates until the final is released.

• ESET Insiders

I may do that once I have space to hook up my test machines again. I would want to know what the pre-release updates are that i'm installing though so I will know what possible problems to look for. Is there a way of obtaining this info?

• ESET Insiders

Btw.. the only issue I have seen so far is I got a message last night saying Eset had a critical error when updating. I did not observe any problems though. I only got the message. It's updating fine now. I'm not sure how much info Eset would need to diagnose the problem. I'm not sure they would even want to since it's not happening now.

I may do that once I have space to hook up my test machines again. I would want to know what the pre-release updates are that i'm installing though so I will know what possible problems to look for. Is there a way of obtaining this info?

If you mean specifics on what have changed in a module then no. It's not really worth knowing as they are just fixes and/or improvements to the module. But you can of course see when a module was updated by clicking on the tray icon -> "e" then -> "about"

The only thing pre-release does is that you will receive module updates a tad earlier than if you were to use standard update servers. And by doing this, if you have a problem wich a current module, and you are on pre-release, and a new module is released including a fix, then you will get it faster than if you would use standard update servers.

But as I said, it's not like they are some kind of "beta" modules, as they are tested in-house before they are put on the pre-release servers, and I have not got any big problems by using pre-release. But if you don't lose anything in terms of protection by using standard update servers either, so use the one you feel most comfortable with. :)

Do you have Pre-Release Updates enabled? Did you have any problems after enabling them?

Nope, no problems at all, window 7, Ess v6