Have received notification that there is a update to my AMD device, notification through my anti virus

rob142

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I don't have an AMD system from me, but if it's anything like the laptop I'm on right now, try the following:

1. Run Device Manager (filename: DEVMMGT.MSC).
  2. Double-click on Sound, video and game controllers entry to expand it.
  3. Right-click on the entry for AMD High Definition Audio Device and select Update driver software… from the context menu which pops up.

Doing so should install the latest AMD HD Audio driver from the Windows Update Catalog onto your computer.  If there's no entry for the AMD HD Audio device in the Sound, video and game controllers section, try checking the Audio inputs and outputs section, or any other multimedia-related section in the Device Manager.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thanks for that, I followed your instructions and it says that... Windows has determined that the driver software is up to date.

• Most Valued Members

If you go into the "Microsoft Windows Update" area of the advanced setup > Tools section of the GUI , you can set windows to notify you of only critical updates. Like the pictures attached. But you will still see the "hardware drivers available" pop up in ESS every time there is a patch available for windows, once you install the windows update the popup wont show up again :)

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Very odd. I just tested on a Lenovo ThinkPad X140e (subnote with AMD CPU/GPU and AMD HD Audio) which was reporting the exact same message and updating the driver solved it.  Do you have any updates which are pending, not just for Windows 10 or device drivers, but third-party software?  If so, perhaps they are acting as a blocker to preventing the updated device driver from finalizing the installation.  Try rebooting the computer and see if you still get a report of an available Windows Update from your ESET software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 2/1/2017 at 7:50 PM, rob142 said:

Thanks for that, I followed your instructions and it says that... Windows has determined that the driver software is up to date.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, Aryeh Goretsky said:

Hello,

Very odd. I just tested on a Lenovo ThinkPad X140e (subnote with AMD CPU/GPU and AMD HD Audio) which was reporting the exact same message and updating the driver solved it.  Do you have any updates which are pending, not just for Windows 10 or device drivers, but third-party software?  If so, perhaps they are acting as a blocker to preventing the updated device driver from finalizing the installation.  Try rebooting the computer and see if you still get a report of an available Windows Update from your ESET software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I have forgotten my password from years ago, so will try your suggestion when I get this sorted,

Thanks

Rob

Hi Aryeh,

Got my password sorted out and have applied your changes, lets see what happens.

will let you know how it goes and a HUGE thanks for your time and effort with this, Eset still the best

have a great week

Rob