Eset Antivirus 6.4.2014.0 - Autodesk

mstroud_pfi

I'm finishing up on my deployment of Eset but I have hit a snag with our Engineering department.  I'm getting complaints of performance issues when running Eset & Autodesk.  It's most noticeably when running our weekly full scan.  I know there are exclusions and I'm starting to set them but I was just curious if anyone else in the forums have ran into the same issue.

• Administrators

What is the hardware spec. of the computers? An on-demand scan can utilize 100% of one CPU core so it should not affect performance on multi-core CPU systems much unless the problem is with slower reading of data from standard (non-SSD) disks. Wouldn't it be better to schedule the scan at the time when the computers are not being used by users?

Marcos,

Our Engineering laptops are all different Make and Models but they will all have a multiple cores.  Most of them are Non-SSD disks so it can definitely be an issue with reading of data.  

Yes, it would be better but they are all laptops so the majority of them take their laptops home every night.  We used McAfee VSE and had no issues.  However, I had to change a few CPU settings.

Is it possible to lower the performance settings for In-Depth Scans?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

• Administrators

A Process Monitor log from the time when a high CPU usage is observed might shed more light. Please provide me with both a Process Monitor log as well as logs from ELC. See my signature for links to the appropriate KBs with instructions.

My users run lot's of CAD/CAM software, one of them is CATIA. They will complain about everything on their workstation. Even if they see new icon in tray, they will complain how workstation is slower. Especially if they know they have antivirus on their workstation. Of all antivirus software I tested I choosed ESET Endpoint Antivirus (later Security) becase it has lowest impact on their work. Yes we all have SSD as primary hard drive. It really helps antivirus to stay undetected by users.

Marcos,

I did some more testing and I don't see any issues with the CPU/Memory.  I can see a lot obvious disk reads when it's running a full scan but not much performance.  bbahes hit the nail right on the coffin.  They seem to complain about everything.

Thanks!