Advantages Version 7.x over 6.x

wolliballa

Can anyone explain, what the internal differences/ advantages are 7.x Antivirus only vs 6.x Antivirus only ( appart from the fact that it is better most of the times to run the current version ) to propose upgrade to customers

I was not able to locate any document explaining the changes.

• Administrators

For me personally, Advanced memory scanner is the most valuable improvement in v7 as it can protect users against a huge number of zero-day threats without the need to update. It's supplemented by Exploit blocker (HIPS) and Vulnerability shield (firewall). Also it's much easier now to exclude addresses from active protection when an attack is attempted from a trusted remote device (firewall).

Hi Marcos, I will quote myself from another thread since I am curious about how your new Exploit Blocker is different. I figure it must be different in some way since patents are involved. But if no details can be shared publicly then I fully understand that of course. :)

Apparently they have a pending patent for the new Exploit Blocker in V7. Only that sounds interesting! I really hope they can share some details on how it differs from other stand-alone exploit protection programs like Malwarebytes Anti-exploit, and/or from similar features in other products on the market 

• Administrators

Since I don't know how exactly other anti-exploit solutions work, it's impossible for me to compare v7 with them. Basically it should protect browsers and certain system processes against malware exploiting vulnerabilities.

Since I don't know how exactly other anti-exploit solutions work, it's impossible for me to compare v7 with them. Basically it should protect browsers and certain system processes against malware exploiting vulnerabilities.

Thanks no problem, so does it protect the browser plug-ins too like Adobe Flash Player, or only the browser itself?

You can read more about Malwarebytes Anti-exploit here and what parts it protects:hxxp://www.malwarebytes.org/products/antiexploit/#overview

I don't use MBAE myself and don't plan to use it, that's why I am interested to know how the new Exploit Blocker handles things.

Maybe this post is helpful too: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2287334&postcount=115

Thank you :)