Not authorised user

I have created a new user and deleted the original one in order to resolve some problems on my notebook. So I created a pretty big ! I am not allowed to go online, to use any software and at the end to delete Eset from my Notebook. The only thing that might be possible is to reinstall OS what I am rather not going to do!

My question to any one is: Is it possible remote to get rid of eset? Or to rename another user?

• ESET Staff

Hi,

Seems as far I can tell, you don't give the new user Administrator rights.

Also, always is good to mention some data about it when you request assistance.

• laptop or desktop?
  • some hardware info...
  • which operating system is and version?
  • Which product of ESET is and version?
  • what problems before you have leads you to make a new user?

"Help us to help you" - quote from Support team ;)

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

Seems as far I can tell, you don't give the new user Administrator rights.

Why not? It was my wife!!!

Also, always is good to mention some data about it when you request assistance.    ...let me see?!?

• laptop or desktop?    It is Laptop, but what difference does it make? User issue is the same on bought of them, isn`t it?
  • some hardware info...     I don`t see a reason for any of that! As I said I just need help abut USER 
  • which operating system is and version?    Win 10 Home!
  • Which product of ESET is and version?    Eset Smart Security 9
  • what problems before you have leads you to make a new user?    Laptop exchange, she took mein and I took hers, but I thought it would be better to create a new user but to reinstall the Laptop. I saved all me Data but it was used for a long time and needed to be renewed...

"Help us to help you" - quote from Support team ;)    I believe I have helped You, or???

• ESET Staff

Hi,

Understood your point.

Sorry, I follow some standard guidelines from support when request data.

Answering your question, should be possible to get rid of ESET using any user
logged on the safe mode, tool ESET Uninstaller.
Be aware, network drivers can be affected.

Yes, you help a lot. :)

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:22 AM, vukiczlatan said:

I have created a new user and deleted the original one in order to resolve some problems on my notebook.

The correct way to do this on Win 10 for replacing the existing limited admin account is:

1. Create a new standard user account.

2. Copy all folders associated with existing limited admin account to newly created standard user account.*

3. Rebuild standard user account desktop as required. Some previous limited admin desktop shortcut icons and the like may be missing on the newly created standard user account.

4. Test that all functional of the new standard user account equals that of the existing limited admin account.

5. Change the standard user account to a limited admin account.

6. Delete the old limited admin account.

* Some sources recommend selectively applying the old limited admin directories to the newly created standard user account since there is a high likelihood that one of those directories have corrupted files which caused the original problems. Copying all existing directories to the new account in-mass will just replicate the issue on the new account.

Search the web for more details on the above; there are numerous articles on the subject. 

Hallo to everyone,

Unfortunately I didn`t solve it like You have suggested me!!! It simply didn`t work. I wasn`t abel to create any other user allthough my wiifes account was Admin! At the end I reinstalled Win and got rid of it. Thanks anyway for trying to help me!!!