Eset Smart Security 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64

I know better than to try... I just want to shout, "GROW UP!" The world is not fair. No matter what action or decision is made, someone, somewhere, will cry, "Unfair!" So, I challenge you, just like I would my kids, "what would you do differently?" Does everyone speak English? Do you just release a version in English or tranlate it into other languages...maybe every language, so nobody claims that it's unfair? How would you set up distribution? What do you do if your server or systems can't withstand a sudden high demand? Might there be fewer critical issues if distribution was staggered into manageable bunches? Who should go 1st, 2nd, etc.? And on and on and on. To answer what seems like a perfectly reasonable question to you, would take a lot of effort and require that you have a firm understanding of all the issues. And despite that effort, there will be a sizable group who will still only look at things from their own very selfish perspective. So why bother? If someone is going to be unhappy with any answer, why not give them the short and official line?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 will be available in English Real Soon Now™. 

As for how soon, well, I don't want to get into specifics, but let's just say that I was at a large computer store in Southern California over the weekend, and saw something on the shelves there that even I wasn't expecting to be on them already. :)

As for the comments about v7 being released in Czech, German and Slovak before English, well, I'd just like to remind everyone that ESET is headquartered in Bratislava, and it makes perfect sense to roll out your first wave of releases in your native language, especially when you have the premiere industry event for the year happening right down the street from you (relatively speaking).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hi there fellow ESS users and staff,

for 3 days now, my ESS v6 is keep showing me an error message upon attempting to update the virus signature database: "Undocumented serious error (0x1106)"

I have updated the ESS itself (it was offering a newer version), but still no changes regarding the error and I'm blocked from updating my signature db.

Can anyone point me into the right direction, where to go from here?

I have windows 7 professional x64, no pirated version as I have a company laptop with all softwares bought.

Edited by Endaer

• Administrators

for 3 days now, my ESS v6 is keep showing me an error message upon attempting to update the virus signature database: "Undocumented serious error (0x1106)"

Does flushing the update cache via the advanced update setup make a difference? You could also consider uninstalling v6 and installing v7.

Does flushing the update cache via the advanced update setup make a difference? You could also consider uninstalling v6 and installing v7.

Magic!

I did not realize that I can clear the update cache, but that did the trick, and now I could update the db. Thanks for your help, much appreciated! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Undocumented serious error (0x1106)

mine goes like that too.. but after I tap Windows+E, I just realised that my C: is at 300kB.. -_-

after I moved one of my video, the 0x1106 is gone..